Thread: Harley is being neutered

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harley is being neutered

For a few months now I have been debating if to have Harley neutered or not. I only have been putting it of because he is such a baby and a mummy’s boy. He hates the vets and as soon as we get into the waiting room he starts crying and working himself up. My worry is that especially when I leave him there (He has never been left without the 2 girls) he get so worked up and that it will affect the anaesthetic. When he has to have an injection he screams the place down. Once the receptionist said that she was going to come and rescue him he cried so loud. Well I have booked him for Thursday and the reception said that any concerns I should mention to the nurse when he has his check up before the operation. I know it’s a routine op and for a boy the operation is not as bad as for the girls. I can’t help but worry. He is my little boy.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Aaawww im sure Harley will be fine, we had our dog neutered as he was being a naughty boy And he was fine, a bit woozy afterwards and not quite himself for a few day, but apart from that, he was fine
    Charlie 17/07/03

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    Aaawww im sure Harley will be fine, we had our dog neutered as he was being a naughty boy And he was fine, a bit woozy afterwards and not quite himself for a few day, but apart from that, he was fine

Thanks for your reassuring words.
    I canít help but worry, I wonít be able to do anything tomorrow.
    Sabby
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

I know how worrying it is when they have to have an anaesthetic and nothing will stop you being anxious until you get the call to say everything went well and Harley is in recovery and the time to pick him up, but I am sure everything will go smoothly and this time tomorrow you will be having a hard time keeping him calm .
    I will be thinking of you and Harley tomorrow, and I hope the time will pass quickly and he will be back home with you
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Quincy was neutered just 6 days ago, and is doing just fine. His surgery was more complicated, because he had an undescended testicle, so he has two incisions - one is just like a spay. I was worried sick too, because he's such a little baby, so sensitive. He did great. He was very tired for the first two days, and occasionally yelped from the pain. He really acted like royalty when he would only eat from my hand, and not from the bowl! So he laid on his bed, while I hand-fed him! He's completely back to normal now, full of energy. He's wearing the head-cone all day, except for walks and feeding, or if he's sleeping next to me. Otherwise, he goes straight for those stitches. He gets them removed on Monday.

Don't worry, Harley will be just fine.
    Quincy - tri-color 12/25/08

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reassuring messages.
    I just dropped Harley at the vets and to my surprise he pulled me through the door his tail wagging and no crying. Iím having him Micro chipped while he is under the antistatic. His weight is 8.2 kilo so skinny. He might fill out a bit now he is being neutered.
    Sabby

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and Harley today..please don't worry he'll be fine
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, know exactly how you're feeling as Darcy is also at the vets today for neutering. I can totally empathise with your stress and worry. Hopefully in a few days we will both be posting to say that all is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of Harley and Darcy today and sending reassuring 's to the Moms. Don't worry , they'll be fine
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Harley is at home and he is now fast asleep.
    Sabby