Thread: Using a coupler with a SENSE-ible harness?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Using a coupler with a SENSE-ible harness?

Is it possible? Both George and Chrissie have the harnesses and I was thinking of trying them with a coupler but not sure if it will work with this type of harness. George is a puller (when he sees other dogs!) but Chrissie isn't.....yet!! Just not sure if it's wise to use it because of the front clips. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd imagine you'd be better off walking them separately if they are wearing SenSible harnesses. Just my opinion from my own experience but others may disagree
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

If George is a puller, he will jerk your other around. I have tried to use couplers with collars, reg harnesses, and front clip harnesses and I just find them to be a pain. Lots of people love them, but not me!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. We tried it and it was ok but not a great success! They were so funny together! Will use the separate leads instead.

Post Thanks / Like

I walk my two on sensible harniness's when we're road walking (when we are going to the park & then they have puppias) & I think a coupler wouldnt work too well really - thats just my opinion though!!! I think other harness's would be better with couplers.
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I walk three of mine on a tripler (so to speak) all in sensible harnesses and they work fine. The connections however are about 2.5 feet long per dog. I would not use those horrible short chain couplers.

I use the Larz leads but there are other types you can order that are long and aren't made of chain. It takes 6 weeks for them to make a Larz! There are quite a few previous threads on couplers and websites to buy them from.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Karlin. I think the length of the coupler didn't help, it was fairly short. Might get a longer one and give it a go! Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin where did you get your tripler?