• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Using a coupler with a SENSE-ible harness?

george108

Is it possible? Both George and Chrissie have the harnesses and I was thinking of trying them with a coupler but not sure if it will work with this type of harness. George is a puller (when he sees other dogs!) but Chrissie isn't.....yet!! :) Just not sure if it's wise to use it because of the front clips. Thanks in advance.

I'd imagine you'd be better off walking them separately if they are wearing SenSible harnesses. Just my opinion from my own experience but others may disagree :)

If George is a puller, he will jerk your other around. I have tried to use couplers with collars, reg harnesses, and front clip harnesses and I just find them to be a pain. Lots of people love them, but not me!

Thanks guys. We tried it and it was ok but not a great success! They were so funny together! :) Will use the separate leads instead.

I walk my two on sensible harniness's when we're road walking (when we are going to the park & then they have puppias) & I think a coupler wouldnt work too well really - thats just my opinion though!!! I think other harness's would be better with couplers.

I walk three of mine on a tripler (so to speak) all in sensible harnesses and they work fine. The connections however are about 2.5 feet long per dog. I would not use those horrible short chain couplers.

I use the Larz leads but there are other types you can order that are long and aren't made of chain. It takes 6 weeks for them to make a Larz! There are quite a few previous threads on couplers and websites to buy them from. :)

Thanks Karlin. I think the length of the coupler didn't help, it was fairly short. Might get a longer one and give it a go! Thanks again.

Back