Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you feed multiple pups?

Post Thanks / Like

All of mine are fed in the laundry room in their own corner. They all eat at about the same pace except for Casey who is slower. But she seems to be the silent leader and no one tries to take her food.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Max eats in his crate (now I leave the door open and he comes out when he is done and Mindy eats in the hall where she has always eaten. When Max is done he always goes over to Mindy's bowl to see if she left him anything. She is the faster eater - and gets less. She never does leave anything for him but he lives in hope

Post Thanks / Like

My four are trained to sit and wait in their "spot", they get their snoods put on and placed in a "wait" command. Their food is placed on the floor with each one still in a "wait" position. They are given a release word and they all run to their own dish. Harley is always the first one to finish, he often tries to sniff Gem's bowl but he is immediately given the "leave it" command. He then runs to me, I take off his snood and we practice "sits" and "downs" with some small pieces of treats. Gem and Sapphire are usually the next to finish. They come to me and I remove snoods and we practice a few more simple commands while Monty finishes. He gets the most food (he is the biggest) and he eats very slowly. When he is finished, he comes to me to have his snood taken off and does a few practice behaviors. Then out to the backyard with the four of them. Sapphire tries to lick all the bowls clean before she runs out. Can't be wasteful you know. I do watch them at all times otherwise Harley would steal Gem's food. He wouldn't dare touch Sapphire's or Monty's....he knows better!
    J.
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire

Post Thanks / Like

J, you have such well trained dogs when will you come to my house and train mine ? Mine are fed in their crates, reduces anxiety and eliminates tussles.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    ...My dogs finish their meals in about 3 minutes maximum...
    Goodness... if one of ours took three minutes we'd think they were sick! 90 seconds, tops.

Post Thanks / Like

I feed mine in crates. Always. Since my boy is so young, he's always always fed in the crate to see how much he's eaten (I feed a raw diet so it's almost crucial). The other, sometimes if I'm just giving her like a pig foot or tail or something, I'll let her romp around with it because those are mostly chews anyway. If it's a real meal, then she's crated too because she does actually have a bit of food aggression (only towards dogs, though).
    My babes: Chardonnay B/T Female(or "Puppy" Spring 2007); RCF's Vin du noir et blanc TRI Male(or "Titus" March 18, 2009)

Post Thanks / Like

J, you have such well trained dogs
    Words to live by at dinner time....Thou shalt behave for food!

J.
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire