Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chloe's op on Monday

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Chloe's op on Monday

I noticed a small pea-shaped lump on Chloe about a year ago on the right side of her neck. At the time, we had the vet check it out and they said it was more than likely just a small cyst and that they would prefer to leave it as it was. We were just to keep an eye and make sure there was no increase in its size over time.
    Only recently I noticed it feels like its gotten slightly bigger and is also quite hard. So we went back to the vets with her last night to get it checked again.
    This time round, the vet said she would rather remove it straight away because of the increase in size
    So my little girl is booked in to have it removed first thing on Monday morning.
    They'll have a look at it once its been taken out and if they feel necessary, they will send it off to the lab to have it analysed.
    Id be lying if I said I wasn't worried so were just hoping that it turns out to be a fatty lump and nothing more sinister
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Lou for you and Chloe, I'm sure she'll be fine, Adams parents dog had a lump that sounds similar removed last year and he was fine a day later. They tested it and it was just a small cyst nothing to worry about so fingers crossed its the same thing.

Wecky Woo is sending big hugs to you and his girlfriends too

Post Thanks / Like

I just went through the lump worry with Mindy. I hope Chloe turns out as lucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jaspar just had a lump and a cyst checked too. They are very common and almost always benign so fingers crossed that will be the result you get. It is a good idea to remove a lump like this when there's any change so your vet is being as safe as possible. It should be a very quick op to remove and she'll be out and awake fast! Let us know how it goes on Monday.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Louise, so sorry to hear poor little chloe has to have an op.

It's very worrying when they need anything done.

My friends dog had a lump removed recently,he is 13 and it was just a cyst he's fine now,they had been worried it was something more. So fingers crossed you get the same result.

Give chloe a kiss from me on monday...will be thinking of you both.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear Chloe has to have this op, good luck for monday
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lucky had a lump removed from his back 2.5 weeks ago.

The vet said it wasn't anything to worry about but we could remove it when we had the dental. I'd completely forgotten about it until the vet called me before the dental to confirm we were going to take the lump off. I'm glad I did ... it wasn't a major deal and he recovered really quickly. The incision healed perfectly and his hair is growing back (I call him "patches" right now as he looks like a little hobo with patched up clothes...!)

Good luck on Chloe's surgery and the biopsy. I am sure it will go fine, but I can totally understand your worry. Give sweet Chloe some belly rubs and here's a hug from me I'll be thinking of you both on Monday.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper had a small lump removed recently, it was just above his ear. It was sent off and the results took a week, everything was fine.
    I was a bit shocked at the scar when I picked him up from the vets it was kind of like a triangle shape, and he had more stitches then what Gabby had when she was spayed, but I was amazed how quickly he healed and how quickly his fur grew.
    Sending best wishes to Chloe for Monday, and a speedy recovery after her op
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Will be thinking of you and Chloe tomorrow.
    Most likely it will only be a cyst.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

My Rudee had those as well when she got older. The Vet at that time said they were just fatty lumps. I'm sure Chloe will be fine. Sending you both positive thoughts and hugs for tomorrow
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....