• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chloe's op on Monday

Louise1823

I noticed a small pea-shaped lump on Chloe about a year ago on the right side of her neck. At the time, we had the vet check it out and they said it was more than likely just a small cyst and that they would prefer to leave it as it was. We were just to keep an eye and make sure there was no increase in its size over time.
Only recently I noticed it feels like its gotten slightly bigger and is also quite hard. So we went back to the vets with her last night to get it checked again.
This time round, the vet said she would rather remove it straight away because of the increase in size :(
So my little girl is booked in to have it removed first thing on Monday morning.
They'll have a look at it once its been taken out and if they feel necessary, they will send it off to the lab to have it analysed.
Id be lying if I said I wasn't worried so were just hoping that it turns out to be a fatty lump and :xfngr: nothing more sinister

Oh Lou :hug::hug: for you and Chloe, I'm sure she'll be fine, Adams parents dog had a lump that sounds similar removed last year and he was fine a day later. They tested it and it was just a small cyst nothing to worry about so fingers crossed its the same thing.

Wecky Woo is sending big hugs to you and his girlfriends too :grin:

Jaspar just had a lump and a cyst checked too. They are very common and almost always benign so fingers crossed that will be the result you get. It is a good idea to remove a lump like this when there's any change so your vet is being as safe as possible. It should be a very quick op to remove and she'll be out and awake fast! Let us know how it goes on Monday. :xfngr:

Louise, so sorry to hear poor little chloe has to have an op.

It's very worrying when they need anything done.

My friends dog had a lump removed recently,he is 13 and it was just a cyst he's fine now,they had been worried it was something more. So fingers crossed you get the same result.

Give chloe a kiss from me on monday...will be thinking of you both.

Lucky had a lump removed from his back 2.5 weeks ago.

The vet said it wasn't anything to worry about but we could remove it when we had the dental. I'd completely forgotten about it until the vet called me before the dental to confirm we were going to take the lump off. :eek: I'm glad I did ... it wasn't a major deal and he recovered really quickly. The incision healed perfectly and his hair is growing back (I call him "patches" right now as he looks like a little hobo with patched up clothes...!)

Good luck on Chloe's surgery and the biopsy. I am sure it will go fine, but I can totally understand your worry. Give sweet Chloe some belly rubs and here's a hug from me :hug: I'll be thinking of you both on Monday.

Jasper had a small lump removed recently, it was just above his ear. It was sent off and the results took a week, everything was fine.
I was a bit shocked at the scar when I picked him up from the vets it was kind of like a triangle shape, and he had more stitches then what Gabby had when she was spayed, but I was amazed how quickly he healed and how quickly his fur grew.
Sending best wishes to Chloe for Monday, and a speedy recovery after her op :)

My Rudee had those as well when she got older. The Vet at that time said they were just fatty lumps. I'm sure Chloe will be fine. Sending you both positive thoughts and hugs for tomorrow :hug::hug:

Little lumps, warts, and cysts are very common, but you can't help but worry.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you & Chloe tomorrow.

Thanks everyone, Im sure it will turn out to be nothing (fingers crossed and touch wood) but I just really hate the thoughts of having to leave her in to the vets.
Shes a very nervous little soul at the best of times when shes around strangers, it breaks my heart to see her big eyes looking back at me when they take her off me :(
But its for her own good and I know she'll bounce back!! They'll be giving her teeth a clean and polish too while she's out, so Im glad about that.
Will let you know how we get on tomorrow..

Hope all goes well tomorrow, its always an anxious time when they are having any procedure, sure it will be worse for you than for Chloe! :hug:

Hi Louise..bet you are sitting biting the nails,if you're anything like me when mine go to the vets:)

Don't worry I'm sure all will be fine. Let us know how she is later.

Hi Louise..bet you are sitting biting the nails,if you're anything like me when mine go to the vets:smile:
Yes your right! Ive been thinking of her all morning. Brought her down just before 9am and Ive to call them at 4pm to see how she is.
They will do bloods before hand, then while they're removing the lump will clean her teeth and clip her nails (shes sooooo sensitive having her nails done)
Im dying to know how she's getting on..
Will run straight from work to the vets to collect her!!!! (the vets is only a few minutes walk from my office) :dogwlk:

Well, were home with a very quiet, shaved and brave little patient..

She has a very large shaved patch on her shoulder and a nasty looking gash with 7 stitches.. I got a bit of a fright when I saw her, wasn't expecting it to look quite so horrific.

She's very quiet and sleepy, and just seems to want to stay on my lap since we got home with her.

The vet said the lump didn't appear to be the regular 'fatty' lump or cyst that they would be used to seeing (he said it was quite hard), so they've sent it off to be fully checked out to be on the safe side. We won't know the results until she has her stitches out next Thursday :( :(
Im just praying the results will be okay..

In the meantime we have to restrict her movement as much possible. She will need to be seperated from the other two when were not in the house, and no walks until her stitches are removed.

It breaks my heart everytime I look at the big wound... She's snoring in my lap as Im typing this :rolleyes: so at least she seems to be comfortable which is a rellief..

Hi

Oh I do so hope thats the end of it and all the reasults are OK ,your little girl has been traumatised enough ,so best wishes to you both from

brian ,Dawn and Luke

Poppy ,Daisy and Rosie

Back