• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Too many trips to the vets!

Hi Emmag, and I'm strangely pleased to hear I'm not alone! Thank you!
I love Frecklesmums' idea of 'canine Munchausen Syndrome by proxy :eek: '. Makes me laugh!
They are a worry, if only they could talk! I hope Izzie enjoys he trip the vets today and that they find out why she's limping. Let me know how you get on.

I think my vet's office just added a wing to their building built by fees we've paid over the past 7 years :eek: and I've requested my own private parking place :rolleyes:. My vet has never made me feel silly for bringing the dogs in with a concern. She's said "you know your dogs better than anyone and if you feel something is going on....bring them in"

I've not been made to feel silly either, infact I've been quite pleased with what I have picked up! With his 'bottom problem' I could easily have put it down to just him being a bit odd, and then it could have been a much bigger problem!
Bobs is back to showing his true colours today! I went out this afternoon and my daughter had to conviscate all of his toys as he wanted to play! Bobs play involves 'killing' and twirling round and round in circles! While she was putting them in a bag he was making a grab for the next one!:yikes

I think my vet's office just added a wing to their building built by fees we've paid over the past 7 years :eek: and I've requested my own private parking place :rolleyes:. My vet has never made me feel silly for bringing the dogs in with a concern. She's said "you know your dogs better than anyone and if you feel something is going on....bring them in"

LOL-- My vet told me that he'd rather I'd come in 10 times for something possibly wrong (and nothing being wrong), than be too self conscious to come in for something that turns out to be important.
I brought in 4 dogs in the last 6 weeks for yearly check ups. My 5 year old has been to their office 5 times (not bad), my 3 1/2 year old had also been there 5 times-- (again not bad considering he injured his leg jumping off a chair and was in once for bloody diarrhea).

Hi everyone!
Izzie and I are just back from the vets $400 lighter!
But shes worth every penny and she looks so relaxed now.. either that or the meds have kicked in bigtime! here she is chilling out..

3786689623_46fcc86e34.jpg

So the limping she has been doing is because she has a bad knee. I dont remember the latin technical name for it as it was so long but in Leymans terms her knee cap keeps popping. (just like my husbands!). Its not too bad at the mo, but can lead to arthritis in later life, so Im slightly concerned as she's still a pup and its quite upsetting to hear these things, esp as shes so active. Very similar play style to Bob, the twirling around and around in circles. I love it when she does that as it means she's reeeeallly happy. So I just have to keep her off her back legs for 5 days and then see how she is. oh and also she has really bad diarrhea which the vet has switched her onto a low residue intestinal diet. Only prescribed by vets. So hopefully she'll start to improve.. its been weeks now and its really getting me down :( But I just give izzie a big hug and it makes it all okay..hopefully we'll start to see improvements.

great news about Bobs :) :)

:hug:poor Izzie, Bob sends a big kiss! She's so sweet!

Was it a luxating patella? I don't know much about that, I've just looked in the 'Cavalier Health Library' and there's some information there.

I hope the food sorts her tummy out! Poor baby! I hope she's feeling better soon.

Bob is off to have his bandage replaced today, we've been practicing and he'll lay on his side when I say 'side'. I've had everyone pick up and 'play' with his bandage so he's ready!

Yes! that's it.. luxating patella. I just had a look in the cavalier health Library at that article and I would say Izzies at a grade 2 at the mo. :(
But she seems a lot happier today, she's attacking her toys and she slept so well.
They are a worry hey!
Good luck with Bobs visit today, sounds like hes recoving really well. love him

Back