Thread: The Adventures of Gemma and Razz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The Adventures of Gemma and Razz

We took Razz & Gemma on a walk today up along the river. This is the same walk we always did with Jewels. It's a really nice walk up along the edge of the Hudson river, with a nice path and plenty of grass and dirt for doggies to sniff. Usually, we see a lot of dogs, but we didn't get quite as far today.

Gemma is just learning to walk, but she did pretty good. She will go 25 feet or so on her own. After that, she needs a little encouragement and then she gets excited, her tail wags, and she is right there with us again! She seemed to really enjoy the path. We ran into some Canadian Geese and the dogs really liked watching them. They let us get REALLY close. One goose gave us the evil eye, but we were very cautious and did not get too close. The dogs had a really good time. We went early in the day, so the sun would not be so hot. It is shaping up to be a warm day in New Jersey!

Oh, you may wonder where Lucky and Sparky were. For this walk, we decided to drop them off at day care for an hour so they could play. They had a blast. Drop-in day care is not very expensive and they get to play and meet new doggies and we got to focus on helping Gemma get used to walking on a leash. She is doing really well!

Without further ado...here are the pics!

Pretty Girl!

Gemma looking at the river.

Razzie!

Look at Me! I pay attention! (Okay, treats were involved...).

Brother & Sister

Razz & Gemma watching geese

Razz & Gemma fascinated by those geese.

Razz & Gemma relaxing

Pretty Girl & Geese
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my, you take amazing walks , Jasper and Gabby would be green with envy, their walks are not half as exciting.
    It is so heartwarming to read Gemma's progress in her new life, she is adorable, I love the one of Razz and her together.
    They are all great pics, thanks
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

I'm jealous of the walks nevermind Jasper and Gabby lol!

Gemma is such a cutie, herself and Razz seem to be becming good buddies, so lovely to see

I love the first pic of Gemma with her tongue hanging out!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics. It looks like a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Gemma a full cavalier king charles spaniel, she reminds of a pug a bit :S
    Charlie 17/07/03

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely photos of Gemma and Razz together and them both stood by the tree looking at the geese, they look like best buddies.

Post Thanks / Like

What fab pics of a great walk, she really is gorgeous & great to see them happy together
    In the pics taken from behind she is identical to our jelly
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

she is lovely, looks like you had a great walk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone, she's such a good girl and really getting along nicely with Razz. They're my sister's dogs and Lynn got Gemma after her other dog Julie died at 15.5 from cancer. I'm really happy she did ... Razz needs a buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    Is Gemma a full cavalier king charles spaniel, she reminds of a pug a bit :S
    Gemma is not a Cavalier - she's an English Toy Spaniel (AKA: Charlie, or King Charles Spaniel). She's a 2 year old puppy mill rescue. Her coat is shaved short because it was in bad shape from the mill.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Gemma is adorable. I'm so glad she and Razz are hitting it off. They look like they've known each other forever!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson