Thread: Plse can i have your advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plse can i have your advice?

Morning all,
    i really need your opinions plse on a simple query
    Last night i gave jelly her drontal(1 whole tablet) 2mins before her last feed at 9pm, all was fine until she vomited at 1.30am(poor love). i cleaned up & we all slept until 9.30 this morn, her toilets have been normal & she's eaten her breakfast at 10.30 so my question is-would you give her another half of drontal (tonight?) or wait until next worming due?

BTW i did question the amount when we collected drontal & the nurse said to give her 1 tablet,i said "at 9lbs?" & she said that was right.Now it could just be a coincidence as she is a little scavenger but i know our old vets had rubes on half a tablet at 11lbs(when i first got her & she was half starved)
    Thanks for advice in advance
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

im always stressing over weights & tablets, just looked this up for you. going on Jelly weighing in at 9lb = 4.08 KG looks like she is just in the 1/2 drontal plus.
    i would check with your vet if to give another tablet, but i know through experience they can give them a little off tummy.

Dosage Guide: Puppies and small dogs
    2 kg bodyweight = Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet
    25 kg bodyweight = Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet
    610 kg bodyweight = 1 Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't give another pill, she would have absorbed all of that pill in 4 1/2 hours before she was sick. Personally, I'd switch brands if I thought it was the pill that made her sick.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't understand why they wanted you to give two doses anyway?

I used to give Lopatol 500 wormer to a Cavalier who couldn't handle Drontal - it's supposed to be gentler on the tummy. Not sure if you can still get it - although I've found references to it when I google.

Ask your vet for something gentler next time - explain what happened.

Hope Jelly is feeling better soon.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Thanks Sarahso for that chart i will keep that noted
    I dont think its the drontal as such that made her sick more the amount as 4weeks ago she had half a tablet & was fine, she was 6lbs then so i was expecting the nurse to say 3/4s at most! which is why i questioned her when she said to give her it all tho she also said it wouldnt harm her if it was too much
    Jelly herself is really fine today full of it as usual-"helping" me tidy etc!!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to give drontal and Harley used to get a tablet until he was 7-8 month old. My two girls weighing between 10 and 12 kilos used to get one tablet.
    My Ebony has a sensitive tummy and she was fine with Drontal.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Im thinking, going on the chart there, if she thought i meant 9kgs instead of 9lbs?? Would any of you ring the vets to complain/inform?

Post Thanks / Like

Give Jelly a big kiss Hope she is better soonxx
    Owned by Tilly (blen), Jody (b/t), Pebbles (b/t), Libby (ruby) and Freddie (b/t) .... Love em! x

Post Thanks / Like

I had a problem with drontal recently because Pippin has a chicken allergy and that's what they are flavouring it with now.

When I used to give him the non-flavoured one it was half a tablet when he was under 6 kilos.

Hope Jelly is feeling better now
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)