Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Travel

Post Thanks / Like

In the boot - with the parcel shelf in???
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

My girls travelled in the boot, with the parcel shelf removed and sometimes we let them on the back seat but they were hooked into the seatbelt thingy.

I remember when we were buying the car; we were checking out the boot space and how the seats folded down etc and the sales guy asked us what particular needs did we have and we both said in unison " we want to make sure the dogs will like it!"

....aah! those were the good old days
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

All this Euro talk about boots and parcel shelves is cracking me up...I've never heard these terms before! Here in the US...what you are calling the "boot" is what we call "cargo space" (pertaining only to hatchbacks, SUV's, & vans) where you can reach behind the back seat from inside the car and it's considered "air conditioned space" . What Karlin assumed you were talking about (I think) is the "trunk" (only accessible from the outside of the car by key)~ definitely not a place for any living thing! And, yes, babies always go in the back seat.

If you have a "boot" in the sense above, I would have no problem putting them back there. My SUV has a metal clip on each side of the cargo space that is attached to the frame of the car where I clip the harness attachment to. I also have a crate that fits in the back that I use. It is hard to find a crate that fits back there, though, as it has to be really narrow....
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin View Post
    In the boot - with the parcel shelf in???
    Sometimes, we make sure he has air, we take down the middle seat and let the window down so the wind comes in, or sometimes he just sits in the carrier on the back seat and i take the wire front of the cage
    Charlie 17/07/03

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chloe92us View Post
    All this Euro talk about boots and parcel shelves is cracking me up...I've never heard these terms before! Here in the US...what you are calling the "boot" is what we call "cargo space" (pertaining only to hatchbacks, SUV's, & vans) where you can reach behind the back seat from inside the car and it's considered "air conditioned space" . What Karlin assumed you were talking about (I think) is the "trunk" (only accessible from the outside of the car by key)~ definitely not a place for any living thing! And, yes, babies always go in the back seat.

If you have a "boot" in the sense above, I would have no problem putting them back there. My SUV has a metal clip on each side of the cargo space that is attached to the frame of the car where I clip the harness attachment to. I also have a crate that fits in the back that I use. It is hard to find a crate that fits back there, though, as it has to be really narrow....
    No I mean the "trunk"!! But you can take off the "roof" part of the trunk and have it like a "cargo space". Just imagine a 3 seater back set with a baby seat, a dog another dog and a 10 year old child in his booster seat - not enough space especially when the two cavs are used to a seat each!!
    Emma
    2 lovely cavs Sam and Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

I think I have posted these pics before on a similar thread but here they are again.We have a Honda CRV which is a medium size friendly 4x4 and in the back there is enough room for a double crate which can easily take my three ,but in practice Rosie has her own bed on the back seat by my wife and she is (both of them ) secured to the seatbelt thus giving Poppy and Daisy even more room to strech out and sleep away any long car journeys.

Attached to the side of the crate are two fans for air circulation and inside theres a bolt on non spill water bowl and to sit on the bottom layer is vet bed then theres two Skyeskyns sheep skins then two fleece dog blankets for them to roll up in ,also assorted leads, harnesses ,coats and a full Cavlier emergency medical kit and two more thermosk flasks with more cold water .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

So that's a "boot" right?

Brian, I don't think there's ANYONE more prepared than you!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi chleo

And thanks ,but dont ask about cleaning their teeth as thats even more fun
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T