• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lost Cavalier - turns up on our door !

emmawright

Hello everyone,

just a bit upset, we just had a knock on the door, and a man was asking if we had lost a dog, said we hadn't, and when we looked down he had a blenheim cavalier, a girl, looked quite young. She had only 1 eye, but it looked very clean and healthy, not infected or anything. She was quite small, but then she would look small next to my 2 as they are larger.

the man (who owns the local camp site) said that they found her walking into the camp site, following a couple. He had been around the village asking people if they knew her, they said to try us as we had cavaliers. But no one else has a cavalier here (its a small village), he said he had been around the camp site and asked people, but no luck.

She had no collar and no lead. I was quite upset, as the man said as soon as she got to our drive she was so excited, and when she was sat on the door step, she didn't want to go, she was lovely.

It just sounds a bit fishy, maybe someone has dumped her. Hubby says its a bit late to phone the campsite (thats where he took her back to) so he said i could always pop up tomorrow morning to ask about her.

just felt really sorry for her as she really liked us and didn't want to leave us.

Hi emma

I hate to say it but is that fate is she meant to be with you.:)
Cavaliers work in mysterious ways and the word may have gone round that your such a GOOD MUM.:)

She may have wandered away from a nearby home. At least of she's with the campsite owner he should keep her safe. Phone in the morning and hopefully you'll hear that she's been reuntied with her owners.
Sins

Brian - that is exactly what i said to George - Fate. I certainly believe in that. I'll walk up to the camp site in the morning and see how she is. But i don't think i'll sleep much, for worrying about her!!

Awwww, I think too she felt she would be safe at your house. Good luck in getting some sleep tonight, and keep us posted on what happens tomorrow.

Have you thought about checking with DogLost - the loss of an eye is very distinctive and this little one may be on their books.

Something similar happened to me a few months ago (believe it or not :)) workmen had been around the nieghbourhood and had seen me coming and going with my two over the days. One day at around 1.00pm the door knocked and a workman said is this your dog, a little tri girl liked Jasper, I said no but I would take her in if he wanted me too, I phoned the police, the dog warden and we took her to our vets to see if she was microchipped (she wasn't). At around 7 ish that evening the police rung to say the owner had got in touch and can they give the owner my address, about 10 minutes later the owner came along with two relieved kids to collect their dog.
Her name was Holly and she was beautiful, I have pictures of her on a mobile phone somewhere.

I have just been up to the camp site, he said they kept her over night, had the dog warden up, scanned her and she had a micro chip - so the owner came up to get her this morning. So thats good news. Hopefully they will put a collar on her from now on!

Back