• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Petition

I have just been on the KC website and there have been no 'Reforms' to the Cavalier breed standard but then all of the changes are to do with looks and not health.
Could we put something in there to do with the KC acreditited breeder scheme and that to be a member of the scheme that breeding stock must be tested for SM and be either an A or otherwise under the Rusbridge scheme. This way for the breeders to still have KC status they would have to test their stock?

I am so sorry to hear about Ruby. I hope she is back to give you a cuddle soon.

I'm glad you and Jess feel angry about what is going on. Keep that indignation. You are very important, you are the future, and cavaliers ( all purebred dogs in fact ) need young people like you who are motivated enough to get involved in fighting the welfare issues that affect pedigree dogs.

Well done for going onto the KC website, you will be more effective if you learn all you can, so you have a sound base of facts to lend weight to what you say.

Tomorrow I will try and explain a little about the very flawed Accredited Breeders Scheme, but I have done too much typing today & my arthritic fingers are having some welfare issues of their own.

I have just been on the KC website and there have been no 'Reforms' to the Cavalier breed standard but then all of the changes are to do with looks and not health.
Could we put something in there to do with the KC acreditited breeder scheme and that to be a member of the scheme that breeding stock must be tested for SM and be either an A or otherwise under the Rusbridge scheme. This way for the breeders to still have KC status they would have to test their stock?

You do realize that Rusbridge breeding protocol does NOT require that both dogs are MRI'd. OR that they both even pass clear of SM... right.

Yes I am aware, im one of the lucky ones who has her as our neurologist.
I was making a sugestion of what could be done and it was mearly a sugestion and some breeders I have spoken to already use her breeding guidelines. I hope that if and when the EBV scheme starts that everyone gets on board although I find that unlikely as some people like I said fail to admit there is a problem!
I can sense that there is a distinct divide between breeders and concerned owners and it is that divide that is causing the problems for our little dogs, mine being one of them. Until that break is fixed then there really is no point in trying to do anything x

Back