Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally found a harness Casey doesn't scratch in...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally found a harness Casey doesn't scratch in...

I've tried other kinds- Puppia, the standard harness types, but Casey would still air-scratch with them, but was fine with a collar. Well, I finally ordered the Upcountry Step-in style and she does perfect with it!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I like those Up Country ones...I just went to their website yesterday and I really want to order new harnesses for the dogs and collars for the cats - their designs are adorable! Do you like it better than the Puppia?
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

I was a Puppia addict for a while, but I think I'm over them now. They start to look ratty looking after a few washes. This Upcountry one seems to be made VERY well...and beautiful. The only thing I don't care for is they use brass hardware and all my leashes, etc have chrome hardware. Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy new leashes too! I have a problem...

Just received these as well, new ID tags...they are really cute in person!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=6172319
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

I also love the up-country step in harnesses. Riley (my SM dog) and Oz (has the malformation but no syrinxes) are really comfortable in them. They are both almost all black - even Oz - and the pastel colors look great against the black fur. Riley has a pink one and Oz has a pale blue one.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Bev- My tri is almost completely black as well. She does have a white chest, belly, legs, and a white "necklace" but her back and sides are solid black.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a harness the same shape as the upcountry and it's the best I've come across.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

What size does the average Cavalier wear in the Upcountry harness? I have a 22lb'er and an 18 lb'er. The size chart is a bit confusing, (but it doesn't take much to confuse me these days.).....
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a medium for Casey, she weighs about 23 pounds, and it fits perfectly. There's quite a bit of room to make it larger or smaller...so I would think you could order a medium for both of yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Oz weighs about 17 pounds and Riley is 12 pounds. They both wear a small with room to spare.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, maybe a small for Dottie, and a large for Claire (my little fatty patty)...I was especially interested in this harness for Dottie as she is sensitive around her neck and on meds for this. Sometimes she yelps when I take the Puppia off of her if I am not extremely careful and moving very slowly.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear