• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finally found a harness Casey doesn't scratch in...

chloe92us

I've tried other kinds- Puppia, the standard harness types, but Casey would still air-scratch with them, but was fine with a collar. Well, I finally ordered the Upcountry Step-in style and she does perfect with it! :wggle:

Yay! I like those Up Country ones...I just went to their website yesterday and I really want to order new harnesses for the dogs and collars for the cats - their designs are adorable! Do you like it better than the Puppia?

I was a Puppia addict for a while, but I think I'm over them now. They start to look ratty looking after a few washes. This Upcountry one seems to be made VERY well...and beautiful. The only thing I don't care for is they use brass hardware and all my leashes, etc have chrome hardware. Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy new leashes too! :rolleyes: I have a problem...

Just received these as well, new ID tags...they are really cute in person!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7247680&section_id=6172319

I also love the up-country step in harnesses. Riley (my SM dog) and Oz (has the malformation but no syrinxes) are really comfortable in them. They are both almost all black - even Oz - and the pastel colors look great against the black fur. Riley has a pink one and Oz has a pale blue one.

Bev- My tri is almost completely black as well. She does have a white chest, belly, legs, and a white "necklace" but her back and sides are solid black.

What size does the average Cavalier wear in the Upcountry harness? I have a 22lb'er and an 18 lb'er. The size chart is a bit confusing, (but it doesn't take much to confuse me these days.).....:lpy:

I ordered a medium for Casey, she weighs about 23 pounds, and it fits perfectly. There's quite a bit of room to make it larger or smaller...so I would think you could order a medium for both of yours.

Thanks, maybe a small for Dottie, and a large for Claire (my little fatty patty)...I was especially interested in this harness for Dottie as she is sensitive around her neck and on meds for this. Sometimes she yelps when I take the Puppia off of her if I am not extremely careful and moving very slowly.

Marianne, I don't think you'd need a large...Casey weighs more than Claire and she's in a medium...I'd get a small and a medium.

Trisha

Last edited:
I agree that a medium is plenty big for your fatty patty Claire. Also, Riley had SM surgery last year so I'm very careful about her neck area and she has absolutely no problem with this harness. It actually stays well below the neck. And it is so easy to put on and take off.

Yes, after I wrote that I realized, Claire is not THAT big (bless her little pea pickin' heart).... :rolleyes:

Trisha - I just now looked up the UpCountry. Wow, how did you ever decide which harness to buy, because they have such wonderful choices. I might have to get one for Sophie but it will be tough to choose.

She scratched horribly with the Lupine brand harness. We tried a FourPaws one, looks like Puppia, and it came apart quickly---not well made at all.

It WAS really hard to pick which one! Now they have a new collection so I want to buy even more...I think I'll buy one for my other two.

There's NO DOUBT which one Winston will get...the one with the cans of dog food all over it! :badgrin:

Back