• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Buttons 2008 - 2009

misty

Precious baby Buttons, who was so very tiny, fell asleep for the final time this evening, very peacefully.

Buttons was a very small cavalier, born in a puppy farm and passed to Many Tears to rehome. He came to live with us a few days after Cailean passed away. Buttons weighed about 2 kgs when we got him and had a tummy full of worms, but he eventually rallied and was a big dog in a little dog's body.

This is so hard to type, as he's the 3rd baby we've lost since December 08.

Run free baby Buttons and round up all those shoes at Rainbow Bridge. Mummy x

I'm so sorry to hear this. The loss of such a young one is so hard,especially after all Buttons has had to overcome in his short time with you.I know it can't be easy for you.
Sins

RIP baby Buttons, Misty im so sorry for your loss:( Take care:hug::hug::flwr::flwr:

Misty, I am so sorry for all of you. It takes a very special and warm person to give rescue dogs a new chance, with all the risks it includes. The loss and sadness you experience right now must be so difficult to bear. I send you all my warmest thoughts and hugs :hug: :flwr:

Im so sorry to hear about your precious Buttons.. Its so heartbreaking when you loose them and even more so when they are still only babies. Thinking of you you :hug: Sleep sweetly little Buttons xx

Oh Fran I don't know what to write, I'm just devastated for you :(:(

You have been through so much over the last few months - I really thought baby Buttons was a bit of happiness on the horizon for you - he brought you so much joy and happiness.

He has only touched the earth for such a short time - but definitely made his presence felt whilst he was here. I'm sure he was sent for a reason - to help you deal with the passing of Cailean and Kevin; and maybe also to help educate people about puppy farms, and the heartbreak involved :(

I'm sure your boys will have been there to greet him, and he will be playing happily free from pain - if I could send him my shoes I would.

Take care - thinking of you all

Fran, I'm so sorry to read this :( it's just not fair.

Thinking of you all at this heartbreaking time :hug:

I'm so sorry Fran, absolutely devastating. It has been a difficult past year for you with the loss of the others too. It takes a special kind of person to take in some of these little ones, whose time may not be that long. They offer so much but bring extra pain too when they depart. Buttons was extra special and was lucky to end up with you; what a wonderful time he had and imagine had he remained in a puppy farm situation... you gave him a lovely, if too brief time in a happy family environment.

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts everyone.

I'm not sure how a dwarf cavalier puppy can leave such a hole in one's world, but he was a giant of a dog in a tiny body. Nothing is harder than the first day - I know that all too well, and I do know it gradually gets a little less painful each day until the time comes when you can laugh at the good memories.

As part of the healing process, I've already started writing a project which I hope will help mean Buttons can educate the general public about puppy farms. I am acutely aware that it is likely Buttons' mum and dad are still in a hell-hole somewhere, along with thousands more.

Can I just tell people that taking on an ex breeding bitch or stud dog from a puppy farm is so very rewarding and yes sad things do happen, but I'm surrounded by 4 other ex p/f cavaliers here, so it's not all sad tears.

So sorry to hear of Button's passing! You are one special person to take in so many needy cavs. May you and your brood have peace.

Heather R

Such sad news, as the owner of Charlie, a very large personality in a very small body I can imagine the hole that Buttons will have left in your life, enjoy your happy memories.:hug:

How sad for you to have to say goodbye to Buttons :hug:. You made his life so grand, he had a touch of heaven with you. He'll be waiting for you and, in the meantime, he has his place in your heart. R.I.P. Buttons.

So sorry to hear about the loss of Buttons.

I love that you are using this loss to get the message across about Puppy Farms / Puppy mills. My little Sparky is a puppy mill rescue, as is my sister's Gemma, and they are such a pleasure to have around ... so loving and watching them blossom in your care is such a joy.

I hope that your happy memories of Buttons will help you as you deal with your loss.

Back