• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is there something wrong with the Cavalier Chat forum?

Margaret C

Is there problems with posting on the 'breeders' forum, or have I been removed, with no warning, from the list that never censors anyone

There are some current posts on there where I have been asked specific questions..
http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=869&page=6

I really love the suggestion that Jemima Harrison initiated the Imperial College London study into inbreeding
She is obviously one very influential woman, especially to get the Kennel Club's own geneticist as co-author.

Can someone who stoops to the level of infantile name calling such as 'Jemima Puddleduck' really criticise anybody else for being rude? ( not that I was )

Perhaps some one reading this would let the CC members know that I cannot log on to answer them, much as I would like to.

If I have been removed, I will just have to start up another 'megaphone' dialogue, so that I can answer their queries from here.

Last edited:
Is there problems with posting on the 'breeders' forum, or have I been removed, with no warning, from the list that never censors anyone

Apparently your status has been altered to that of a "Guest"....

Apparently your status has been altered to that of a "Guest"....

If a Member's status is altered to that of a 'Guest', so that they can no longer answer posts, and without any warning whatsoever............

Isn't that censorship?

Hi Margaret

It looks like you have joined my club ,it seems thats the only way they can answer is by censorship .:(

Is There Something Wrong with the Cavalier Chat Forum?

Yes ,for me there is some-thing very amiss with this Forum, just read the Mention about Jemima Harrison,what an impression this is giving to us Heart Broken Cavalier Pet Owners.

This is an example of why I said my Piece about the Lewd and Suggestive Comments about 3 months age, said I had no wish to be associated with what was being said about certain Folk who were trying to help the Cavalier Breed to have Healthier, Longer Lives.

I resigned, Glad I did !!!,some of the Folk on the Cavalier Chat Forum are doing them-selves no Favours .

Is There Some-thing Wrong With the Cavalier Chat Forum?

Sorry pressed a wrong Key.

It's comments like what has just appeared on Cavalier Chat, that I am sure will make us Cavalier Pet Owners realize what we are up against concerning some Cavalier Breeders, but those Some certainly Leave a Lot to be Desired, I am so glad I have no part of the Cavalier Chat Forum now.

Bet(Hargreaves)

I have just heard that the Northern Cavalier Club is the latest regional club to sponsor a MRI scheme for it's members. This is really wonderful news
The majority of cavalier clubs now offer such help to their members.

I have also heard of another Champion dog, scanned at 2.5 years and no SM. That makes him a Grade 'A' dog.
There are not so many champion grade 'A' dogs identified yet, so this is more good news for the breed.

Things have changed so much over the last year.

I worked from 2003 to try & get breeders to recognise that SM was inherited, it was spreading through the breed, and they needed to MRI their breeding stock.

Whatever the claims being made now, the truth is that during that time only a handful of responsible and forward looking breeders scanned their cavaliers.

It was Jemima's film that made thing change, not only in Cavaliers but many other breeds and at the Kennel Club.
Future pet owners and their dogs will have a lot to thank her for.

Is There Some-thing Wrong With the Cavalier Chat Forum?

In a nut shell....YES there are many things wrong with that forum! Mainly a certain number of it's members. I can't believe some of the things I read in that forum....yes, I lurk because it is good to know what other people are saying. Believe me, the next cavalier I purchase will certainly not have certain lines represented in it's pedigree. The way certain people are treated on that board is horrible. I have not read anything that you have posted on that board that would give the admins cause to censor you. They say they want an open forum but certain posters seem to have no problem "hitting below the belt".

I am appalled and aghast at many things I read there, but I am especially appalled at the thread titled "British humor" where a person posted a so-called joke about an American Marine, referring to this Marine as a "red-neck" who throws a dog out the window of a moving train. As an American, I am disgusted at this portrayal of our brave Marines, first as "red-necks" and secondly and most importantly as animal abusers. This so-called joke was heralded by several responses in support. I was going to join just to remind those who found this bit of "British humor" so amusing about the high cost of brave American lives lost during WWII defending their country.

There are some wonderful breeders who post on that board and I am pleased when I read some of their posts, knowing that they truly care about the Cavalier breed and are fighting hard for our dogs' welfare. There are others there who are so full of themselves and refuse to see the truth of what they are doing to our wonderful breed. How any breeder can write that health isn't the MOST important issue is beyond me! I will take a HEALTHY poorly marked Cavalier with a "gay tail" over the most beautiful show-dog who is living with the pain of SM or will die of CHF by 8 years of age any day. I keep reading posts about Cavaliers diagnosed with SM who are asymptomatic. Asymptomatic by who's standards? We don't know what those dogs are feeling. Outwardly, they may not show signs of pain but we all know how stoic these dogs can be. How many of us have had dogs who became seriously sick "all of a sudden"? The truth is that dogs often "hide" their discomfort and pain until it becomes totally unbearable.

Certain posters keep screaming that we should be putting our efforts into getting rid of puppy farms and byb instead of hounding them. Yet, every time legislation is introduced to control puppyfarms, they ask us to fight it saying that it hurts the legitimate breeders also. Yes, puppy farms are bad and need to be eliminated, but people have no control over them as individuals. Breeders, as individuals, have control over how they choose to run their breeding programs. I applaud those breeders who are doing what is right for our beautiful breed. We know you are out there and that you care. For those breeders who turn a blind eye to health issues....well.... nuff said!

J.

Last edited:
Margaret over there I noticed on each of your previous posts "Margaret C Guest" plus I think I remember seeing an avatar photo as well something like what occurs here with each post but now there is no avatar photo.

Bet over there I also saw on your previous posts "bet hargreaves Guest".

Over there on my previous posts I saw "EddyAnne Approved users", and all others who can post have "Approved users" or "Administrator".

Breeders, as individuals, have control over how they choose to run their breeding programs.

Thats the problem Jay, they do have control, as yet the KC are not brave enough to take that away from them. If refusing to register puppies from parents who have not had the relevant health checks i.e. Heart checked and MRI scanned for SM then maybe we would get somewhere.
I also believe that witholding that most important green card the CC'S could be a step in the right direction. The be all and end all for the Breeder/Shower is the ultimate Champion status, if this was taken away from them can I ask how do you think they would react?

Is There Something Wrong with the Cavalier Chat Forum ?

HollyDolly has hit the Nail on the Head ,if everything was carried out as HollyDolly mentioned ,I am sure that would be start of Cavaliers having Healthier,Longer Lives.

Bet (Hargreaves)

I am appalled and aghast at many things I read there, but I am especially appalled at the thread titled "British humor" where a person posted a so-called joke about an American Marine, referring to this Marine as a "red-neck" who throws a dog out the window of a moving train. As an American, I am disgusted at this portrayal of our brave Marines, first as "red-necks" and secondly and most importantly as animal abusers. This so-called joke was herald by several responses in support. I was going to join just to remind those who found this bit of "British humor" so amusing about the high cost of American lives spent during WWII defending their country.

There are some wonderful breeders who post on that board and I am pleased when I read some of their posts, knowing that they truly care about the Cavalier breed and are fighting hard for our dogs' welfare. There are others there who are so full of themselves and refuse to see the truth of what they are doing to our wonderful breed. How any breeder can write that health isn't the MOST important issue is beyond me! I will take a HEALTHY poorly marked Cavalier with a "gay tail" over the most beautiful show-dog who is living with the pain of SM or will die of CHF by 8 years of age any day.
J.

I am sorry about their offensive behaviour. They do not speak for most of the people in the UK.

I did not read this joke. I stopped reading their attempts at humour quite a while ago, but I do find it hard to imagine how anybody on a dog forum would find the thought of throwing a dog from a moving train in any way amusing?

"health, conformity and temperament are all of equal importance - one is not more important than the others"

This was written by the Secretary of the UK Cavalier Club.......... The person the Kennel Club recommends as the first point of call to anyone making enquiries about cavaliers.

As I said on CC, I think that any dog would probably think health and a pain free life was the most important.

Oh Margaret im sorry to hear youve been censored/banned on there, your posts were the only chink of light at the end of this damn tunnel.
Right now im disheartened,having just come back from there,the attitude of "Stick together no matter what the experts say & ridicule all attempts to improve health matters" STINKS.
The problem is how much damage they are doing with their lousy attitude,"humour" & vindictivness,God help our breed if its left in their hands.
I cant say what i really feel about them right now,in polite company & in public except every one of them should hang their heads in shame.:swear:

well i think soneone better ask them why margaret is a guest, when she is a more of a member than most of those, so ill just pose the question, and stand back.................. di

I am sorry about their offensive behaviour. They do not speak for most of the people in the UK

I know that this is so true. You don't need to apologize....they are the ones who need to.

well i think soneone better ask them why margaret is a guest, when she is a more of a member than most of those, so ill just pose the question, and stand back.................. di

Then someone else will need to post asking why HarleyFarley is now a "guest".:rotfl:

J.

just as well i didnt answer the post about cavalier diseases, some one seems to think that luxating patellas is a thing of the past and been bred out by these breeders, brian you had better enlighten them, oh you cant your banned :bang: di

I only ever made 1 post on Cav Chat, as I found......and still find that the attitudes and manner of alot of the regular posters is incredibly childish....and more often than not offensive,

You're better off out of it Margaret.....and you too Brian ;):D

In a nut shell....YES there are many things wrong with that forum! Mainly a certain number of it's members. I can't believe some of the things I read in that forum....yes, I lurk because it is good to know what other people are saying. Believe me, the next cavalier I purchase will certainly not have certain lines represented in it's pedigree. The way certain people are treated on that board is horrible. I have not read anything that you have posted on that board that would give the admins cause to censor you. They say they want an open forum but certain posters seem to have no problem "hitting below the belt".

I am appalled and aghast at many things I read there, but I am especially appalled at the thread titled "British humor" where a person posted a so-called joke about an American Marine, referring to this Marine as a "red-neck" who throws a dog out the window of a moving train. As an American, I am disgusted at this portrayal of our brave Marines, first as "red-necks" and secondly and most importantly as animal abusers. This so-called joke was heralded by several responses in support. I was going to join just to remind those who found this bit of "British humor" so amusing about the high cost of brave American lives lost during WWII defending their country.

There are some wonderful breeders who post on that board and I am pleased when I read some of their posts, knowing that they truly care about the Cavalier breed and are fighting hard for our dogs' welfare. There are others there who are so full of themselves and refuse to see the truth of what they are doing to our wonderful breed. How any breeder can write that health isn't the MOST important issue is beyond me! I will take a HEALTHY poorly marked Cavalier with a "gay tail" over the most beautiful show-dog who is living with the pain of SM or will die of CHF by 8 years of age any day. I keep reading posts about Cavaliers diagnosed with SM who are asymptomatic. Asymptomatic by who's standards? We don't know what those dogs are feeling. Outwardly, they may not show signs of pain but we all know how stoic these dogs can be. How many of us have had dogs who became seriously sick "all of a sudden"? The truth is that dogs often "hide" their discomfort and pain until it becomes totally unbearable.

Certain posters keep screaming that we should be putting our efforts into getting rid of puppy farms and byb instead of hounding them. Yet, every time legislation is introduced to control puppyfarms, they ask us to fight it saying that it hurts the legitimate breeders also. Yes, puppy farms are bad and need to be eliminated, but people have no control over them as individuals. Breeders, as individuals, have control over how they choose to run their breeding programs. I applaud those breeders who are doing what is right for our beautiful breed. We know you are out there and that you care. For those breeders who turn a blind eye to health issues....well.... nuff said!

J.
Quite agree with what you say in this post - there is no excuse for it!

But Di its all the fault of puppy farmers & BYBs-an excuse over there that covers anything & everything!

Back