Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there something wrong with the Cavalier Chat forum?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tupup View Post
    But Di its all the fault of puppy farmers & BYBs-an excuse over there that covers anything & everything!
    IF one of you has purchased a cavalier from them and they aren't telling the truth--- pm them and tell them. I would.

As someone who has had almost 50 cavaliers in their home in the last 5 years (anyone else here???) some that they bought, some that they fostered and some that they bred???? I have to say that my numbers match theirs-- NONE I have bought have even a grade 1 patella-- not one that I have bred has had a grade 1 patella--- I've had a few fosters that had grade 2's and one that had a grade 4 and a grade 2. jmo- Sandy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WoodHaven View Post
    As someone who has had almost 50 cavaliers in their home in the last 5 years (anyone else here???) some that they bought, some that they fostered and some that they bred???? I have to say that my numbers match theirs-- NONE I have bought have even a grade 1 patella-- not one that I have bred has had a grade 1 patella--- I've had a few fosters that had grade 2's and one that had a grade 4 and a grade 2. jmo- Sandy

Thats a lot of dogs, did they not have MVD or SM as well?
    Last edited by HollyDolly; 2nd August 2009 at 09:53 PM.
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like

SWEET! Hey Karlin, did you know that you and I are the same person? At least that is what we are being accused of in a new thread on C-C. Pretty cool trick, especially since we live in two different countries separated by a huge ocean! I guess I pushed someone's button. This is pretty interesting, especially when NO ONE reads this forum anyway.

Sorry, I do happen to have a sense of humor. I just don't have a BAD sense of humor. I prefer my jokes to be smart and creative. I have read some funny ones on C-C, BTW.

J.

I guess if I ever try to register on C-C, I will need to register under a different name.....how about "Jarlin".
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire

Post Thanks / Like

Jay. As far as Cav Chat, if any of the public read the "remarks" they'll soon get the idea of the worth of those individuals and steer clear. I wouldn't discourage those individuals, let them dig their holes deeper IMHO.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    SWEET! Hey Karlin, did you know that you and I are the same person? At least that is what we are being accused of in a new thread on C-C. Pretty cool trick, especially since we live in two different countries separated by a huge ocean!
    That doesn't surprise me as some time ago some persons thought I was Karlin or Karlin Father, and yes we are certainly in different countries seperated by huge oceans.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm questioning why I even bothered to look over there. I know that board just gets me in a lather, and that's why I quit reading it. Just read through now and my blood is just boiling.

Someone made a comment about the number of members here compared to the number who have reported SM in their dogs. Do you know why more people don't come out in full discussion? Because they are made to feel like idiots who are overreacting to a dog's behavior and are made to look like they've been brainwashed by Karlin.

I'm going to bet there are lot more people, like me, out here who just prefer to keep our issues private for fear of judgement (realize I am not going to be private about this anymore now ).

Yes, we believe my Shelby has SM. But I am so grateful I had the information from this board so that I did not go naively along believing my girl has allergies, behavior issues or "funny little quirks". And thank God I am able to have an informed and intelligent discussion with my vet about our course of action. Two or three years ago, this would not have been the case.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Is there Something Wrong With The Cavalier Chat Forum?

Could I mention that there is Excellant Article in the latest Edition of DOGSTODAY by Jemima Harrison about Puppy Farms and BYB's.Somebody in this Thread about Puppy Farmers and BYB'S.

I guess all of us who have to bear the Brunt of the Vindictiveness and Viciousness of Remarks Hurled at us by some Cavalier Breeders,will know that we have Struck a Raw Nerve.

I think what has upset me more than anything else recently ,was when Cavalier Pet Owners turned on me on another List with their Vitriolic Remarks. I was told that they don't want to be told about the Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed.

Well, Lucky Old Them, as the Saying goes.

Bet(Hargreaves)

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    Could I mention that there is Excellant Article in the latest Edition of DOGSTODAY by Jemima Harrison about Puppy Farms and BYB's.Somebody in this Thread about Puppy Farmers and BYB'S.
    Thanks for that Bet, I'll take a look.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Margaret,...sorry for hijacking your thread! But the battle of forums continues. Oh well. I just feel the need to answer a few jabs, some directed at me directly. It is not my intention to impose my ideas on breeders how to run their breeding program. I don't want laws forcing breeders to do so either. All that I, personally, would want to see is that breeders follow the health guides that our own Cavalier clubs have implemented. I don't think that is asking too much, the Cavalier clubs own guidelines, the Cavaier clubs own rules.

In addition, there was a comment about me running to Momma because I was offended. No, I was not running to Momma. I was voicing my OPINION. I guess that the freedom of speech that they hold in such high regard only applies to people who agree with them. According to several CC members, I should not voice my opinion that a joke that was posted was in poor taste. Like I said before, many of the freedoms that they now enjoy in their lives were won with the help of American servicemen and women.

I guess all of us who have to bear the Brunt of the Vindictiveness and Viciousness of Remarks Hurled at us by some Cavalier Breeders,will know that we have Struck a Raw Nerve.
    Yep, Bet, sad but true. They are digging their hole and it just gets bigger and bigger. But I am through wasting my time with the likes of certain people.

On the other hand, I still maintain that there are some absolutely wonderful breeders on that list so I will continue to read the posts to learn from them. To those breeders, THANK YOU so much. This should not be an "us" against "them". I maintain a wonderful relationship with the breeder of my two dogs. I always keep her informed on how my dogs are doing.

Cathy, you and Shelby are in my prayers. I know how much you love both Jake and Shelby. I know that you will do everything possible for Shelby.

J.
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tupup View Post
    But Di its all the fault of puppy farmers & BYBs-an excuse over there that covers anything & everything!

isnt that just it, perfect, the problem such as sm doesnt affect only dogs from puppy farms, who on here brought their dog from a puppy farm, not many i doubt.

I did make a suggestion to someone who pm'ed me on cav chat, my idea was that if everyone who had a dog with sm, or even cm, to give me the kennel name and the contact detail i would put together a list of defective breeding breeders, and that in turn would mean maybe (but not def) the others had none that we know off thus creating a plausible list. Well i cant print the reply i got, di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.