• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

bella advanced to HTM 3 class

renate

yesterday we were at an HTM competition, and bella advanced to HTM class 3 (advanced)! i am very proud of my little girl.(y)
she is really flying these days, works very well, with total focus and concentration, and absolutely loves all of it.
now we are competing with the really good ones, and the only non-sheltie-or bordercollie-HTM class 3 dog is a cavalier!!:pi*no:

this is the last time we did our 'Piper Maggots Jig' routine at a competition. the new one is based on Mark Knopfler's 'Sailing ti Philadelphia'.

good bye and thanks, Piper Maggot.....:lotsaluv:
14a8qkn.jpg

frida advanced to HTM class 2 (intermediate). this is probably where we stop with HTM. frida is an invalid (sort of..), she had an ostheotomy when she was 1½ years old, and has difficulties walking sideways and backwards.
i am very, very proud that she made it this far, and will create for her a nice Freestyle program based on tricks and movements she can safely do without discomfort.

here frida and i are training our 'Happy jack' HTM routine
rhlg1s.jpg

Last edited:
:rah: Congratulations to Bella and Frida :rah:

Renate, I too would love to see a video and congrats to you too :rah:

thank you for your kind wors!:)

there was nobody to do the filming during the last couple of competitions.

there will probably be someone at the next one, end of august.
there bella and i will show our newest program, which, if we do as well as during training, will be worth seing.

anyway, i'll try to show you a video the next time, someone makes one.

Congratulations, it's wonderful to hear of Cavaliers doing something like this and so successfully :D

They obviously really enjoy it and you must have a lovely bond with them.

Been meaning to ask this.... What does HTM stand for ???? Thanks. I figure it has somthing to do with dance..

in Heelwork To Music the dog has to move close to the handler, shoulder to leg.
there are a number of positions, right or left side of the handler, going forward or backward with the handler, or handler going forward, dog going backward, or dog parallel in front or behind the handler, moving forward, backwards or sideways.
dog and handler should move in harmony with each other, and in tune to music. if the program can tell a story, it is an advantage.
focus muct always be on the dog. it is not enough, or even welcomed that the handler performs pirouettes and exotic movements.

HTM is great fun for many reasons, for me mainly because one can, and must create the program oneself, unlike in obedience, where there is a fixed program already defined by others.

That sounds very impressive. I hope you put up a video. I would just love to see one of your routines.

Back