Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra strong toys!!

Post Thanks / Like

There's actually quite a few around.

http://www.petmania.ie/

Post Thanks / Like

Ollie is a major chewer and he has the Mini Orka chew and the Mini Loop Ball. Both have lasted a long time (like 2 months now) and he and Winston play with them all the time.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Zara is the toy wrecker in our house - we've tried all of the "tough" toys! I can recommend Tuffies (an American brand) which there's a good selection of here (http://www.woofs-world.co.uk/index.p...index&cPath=25 , although I haven't used this site before). They are quite expensive but do stand up well to abuse!
    Also this little squeaky egg (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/d...queakers/13124) - all of ours LOVE it and it's made from latex, so it gives when they bite into it and our original is still going strong after a month! The squeak is quite loud though..!
    Good luck!
    Owned by Kizzy - ex-breeding blenheim CKCS (cross?!), Zara -mini schnauzer, Ozzy - golden retriever and Bella - ex-breeding Westie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again guys. Looks like I've got some online shopping to do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Pauline* View Post
    What about rope toys? Meant to be good for the teeth?
    We once had an Australian Shepherd that I gave a Booda Bone to (big rope with knots on the end). She chewed and swallowed bits of the rope. I saw it come out the other end and thought she had a bad case of worms. Further inspection proved it was rope bits. I took the booda bone away forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by george108 View Post
    Does anyone have any good suggestions for some REALLY strong toys . . .
    Do you have NylaBones over in the UK/Ireland? Our Sophie is an aggressive chewer and the likes them, NylaBones makes one called Galileo that she likes, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried NylaBones? One of mine can get through them (quite litterally, bights them in half - apparently unheard of by the shop assistant) in a few hours, but they are really tough. Obviously, my chap is a bad advert for them but he can chew through anything, concrete doesn't even stop him. They are very good and not too pricey (always a plus). I think they are available in most pet stores.

Also, Xtreme Kongs are brill for heavy chewers. They lasted a while in our house (once again, my chap is a really bad advert for these things) but a Cav may have more difficulty getting through one. Neither of my two Cavs have made much of a dent in the NylaBone or the Xtreme Kong, and they can get going when the mood takes them

On rope toys/flossies etc. - I have had a similar problem of them coming out the other end, lovely and colourful. My lot only get them to play with and when one of them sits down for a good chew we take them off of them.

Have you considered something that can be eaten, raw hide and such? This is all I can give my super chewer because there is no point giving him anything that can't go through him (have spent way too much money over the years on chewy things, no point anymore!). All I can say is that I am lucky he doesn't have a taste for furniture or walls!

Post Thanks / Like

Petstages have been great with my girls, I have one shaped like a jack that has a lot to chew on. Also Nylabones makes some flavored rock hard bones to chew. I have a coupel that are 3 years old and still in good shape.
    Suzanne mom to Chelsea(ruby girl), Vivian (tri girl),Kara(rescue kitty), Tyson and Candy(Tonk kittys at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Winston will chew and eat Nylabones. Is that okay? I freaked out when I watched him do it and took it away. Aren't they made out of plastic?
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson