• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Channel 5 News tonight 5pm & 7pm UK

Sandrac

Apparently there is going to be a section about Puppy Farming on the news tonight.

"ThePet.net co-founder and in-house vet Marc Abraham will be appearing on Channel 5 News this evening to talk about the horrific practice of Puppy Farming in the UK. Marc will also be operating on an ex-breeding bitch, commenting on previously unseen undercover footage taken recently in one of these breeding establishments and giving dog-lovers valuable consumer advice on how to make sure they are not buying a puppy farmed dog."

Just watch the news.
Just terrible. Made me cry. I don’t know how anybody can do that for money, humans are so greedy. Did you see them poor Cavaliers?

Oh damn, i missed it, i'll try and watch the 7pm one if its on again. I hate pupy farming, and your right humans are so greedy. How can they do such a thing! :mad: :(

Just watched this report and I'm in tears here. Tears for those poor dogs and tears of anger that these disgusting people get away with this.:mad:

I cannot believe that after the report was shown to the local authority that they did nothing and allowed these cockroaches to continue to operate. I want to know how these premises can be inspected and PASS !!! You don't have to be and RSPCA officer to know that these conditions are just wrong. Also where is the RSPCA????? And as for that dog store, well they should be shut down too. I wonder if that particular chain of shops has any shareholders because if it did I would buy shares just to have a voice. I know I'm ranting but I'm upset. I wonder how Wayne Rooney feels now that his photo is being used as publicity, as someone who has purchased a puppy from that store. There's got to be something that can be done. Any ideas

Did not see this but there was also a section about puppy farming on Sky News, so great to see that this is getting the publicity it needs. So many people out there are totally in the dark about this terrible cruelty.

Is there a link to the news station? The more these stories get press, the better. I only hope that people who see these types of stories don't stop and think "how awful" and then forget about these poor dogs moments later.
J.

Wow, if anyone ever needs to have an image of what puppy mill hell is like, they just need to see that video. Heart breaking. How people can be so cruel is beyond me. I hope that they can get that disgusting place closed down.
J.

The Cavaliers were bad enough but the Cockers at the end just tore me up - they have gone crazy from sheer boredom and confinement, so tragic :(:mad:

It's time this was stopped - how on earth can that establishment be authorised???

Although I suspect that once an appoinment is made for the Local Authority inspection, the place is cleared up...

Too many of the dogs had no water, poo everywhere, so many with bad eyes and no evidence of veterinary care.

Channel 5 News to-night 5pm&7pm UK

There was also an account of these poor Dogs on Sky news.

A thought I had , if the TV News Programs gave this Program a showing 3 or 4 times a Day.

Say a 5 minute clip. Surely anybody wanting a Dog would'nt get their Dog from places like this.

I know the person on Sky being interviewed said that there were Court cases pending but I think he said that two of the ,I won't call them Puppy Farms, how about Intensively Reared Dogs!!, the Two had been granted Licences by the Council, can I mention this ,were there perhaps Brown Envelopes involved.

But where is the RSPCA in all this ,?

Bet(Hargreaves)

I watched the 7pm News - it was the lead story, was in tears by the end of it. It broke my heart to see the Cavvies living their life in darkness.:(

What is needed is another programme like PDE to highlight what hellholes these puppies come from.

You never know maybe these news programmes will get the researchers thinking.

What we need is like we have a stop smoking week, get fit week, homeless week and so on and it is highlighted for that week in the media. We need like puppy buyer aware week or something like that. We are supposed to be a dog loving nation.

Ok, i think im kinda glad i didn't watch it :eek: It sounds horrible, things like that make me cry easily. I cry at the slightest film, like them films where the animals talk, and the dog dies or something, and i've used the whole tissue box up :rotfl:

Of course it must have been a shock for people who purchased their pups in that petshop to realise the suffering that may have produced their dog.I wonder how the celebrities feel when they saw their pictures on the walls of the petstore,effectively endorsing the outlet?(namely that soccer player and his lovely WAG).
I can't understand how the councils who licensed the breeding premises expressed concern instead of taking tangible action.
I can't understand how the outlet cannot do more to ensure the highest standards from their "suppliers".
Finally, I cannot understand how people can walk in off the street and select a living creature like a commodity and think this is morally or socially acceptable.(seriously there are pounds full of dogs but they're just not nicely packaged and presented and as well marketed).
That poor cocker spaniel in the report was literally climbing the walls.How anyone cannot see this as a major welfare issue is beyond me.
Sins

Of course it must have been a shock for people who purchased their pups in that petshop to realise the suffering that may have produced their dog.I wonder how the celebrities feel when they saw their pictures on the walls of the petstore,effectively endorsing the outlet?(namely that soccer player and his lovely WAG).
I can't understand how the councils who licensed the breeding premises expressed concern instead of taking tangible action.
I can't understand how the outlet cannot do more to ensure the highest standards from their "suppliers".
Finally, I cannot understand how people can walk in off the street and select a living creature like a commodity and think this is morally or socially acceptable.(seriously there are pounds full of dogs but they're just not nicely packaged and presented and as well marketed).
That poor cocker spaniel in the report was literally climbing the walls.How anyone cannot see this as a major welfare issue is beyond me.
Sins

I agree!! :-X It makes me so ANGRY!!! :-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X

In Dogs Today(Aug) they lead with an editorial about how September 19th is Puppy Farm Awareness Day.
I hope im allowed to copy this.
Its also saying about coming up with a better name for puppy farm/mills as it could give some a nice image of puppys playing in green fields.Suggested names were Battery farmed,puppy dungeons,puppy concentration camps amongst others, by Sept issue they had decided on *battery-farmed puppies* which Dogs Trust is going to use in future campaigns(y)
These links are given for inspiration-www.awarenessday.org & www.dogs-r-us.org
Thats a good letter in there from you Bet on MVD btw:)
I havnt looked at the links above nor did i see the news but ive spent times sobbing looking at PFs online with Ruby in my arms, as she spent her 1st 4years being used in one of these farms,it breaks my heart & i dont know how she survived it as she really is a softy but then i remind myself she was lucky to get out alive when they couldnt use her anymore
Sins i agree how is it that the whole world is not up in arms about PFs,when they are about battery farmed chickens,veal trade etc

In Dogs Today(Aug) they lead with an editorial about how September 19th is Puppy Farm Awareness Day.
I hope im allowed to copy this.
Its also saying about coming up with a better name for puppy farm/mills as it could give some a nice image of puppys playing in green fields.Suggested names were Battery farmed,puppy dungeons,puppy concentration camps amongst others, by Sept issue they had decided on *battery-farmed puppies* which Dogs Trust is going to use in future campaigns(y)
These links are given for inspiration-www.awarenessday.org & www.dogs-r-us.org
Thats a good letter in there from you Bet on MVD btw:)
I havnt looked at the links above nor did i see the news but ive spent times sobbing looking at PFs online with Ruby in my arms, as she spent her 1st 4years being used in one of these farms,it breaks my heart & i dont know how she survived it as she really is a softy but then i remind myself she was lucky to get out alive when they couldnt use her anymore
Sins i agree how is it that the whole world is not up in arms about PFs,when they are about battery farmed chickens,veal trade etc

I watched the video and it made me cry, them poor dogs! How could people do that. There cold blooded animals!! :mad: It breaks my heart to see them that way... :(:(:(:(

Back