Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Channel 5 News tonight 5pm & 7pm UK

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, if anyone ever needs to have an image of what puppy mill hell is like, they just need to see that video. Heart breaking. How people can be so cruel is beyond me. I hope that they can get that disgusting place closed down.
    J.
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Cavaliers were bad enough but the Cockers at the end just tore me up - they have gone crazy from sheer boredom and confinement, so tragic

It's time this was stopped - how on earth can that establishment be authorised???

Although I suspect that once an appoinment is made for the Local Authority inspection, the place is cleared up...

Too many of the dogs had no water, poo everywhere, so many with bad eyes and no evidence of veterinary care.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Channel 5 News to-night 5pm&7pm UK

There was also an account of these poor Dogs on Sky news.

A thought I had , if the TV News Programs gave this Program a showing 3 or 4 times a Day.

Say a 5 minute clip. Surely anybody wanting a Dog would'nt get their Dog from places like this.

I know the person on Sky being interviewed said that there were Court cases pending but I think he said that two of the ,I won't call them Puppy Farms, how about Intensively Reared Dogs!!, the Two had been granted Licences by the Council, can I mention this ,were there perhaps Brown Envelopes involved.

But where is the RSPCA in all this ,?

Bet(Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the 7pm News - it was the lead story, was in tears by the end of it. It broke my heart to see the Cavvies living their life in darkness.

What is needed is another programme like PDE to highlight what hellholes these puppies come from.

You never know maybe these news programmes will get the researchers thinking.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

What we need is like we have a stop smoking week, get fit week, homeless week and so on and it is highlighted for that week in the media. We need like puppy buyer aware week or something like that. We are supposed to be a dog loving nation.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, i think im kinda glad i didn't watch it It sounds horrible, things like that make me cry easily. I cry at the slightest film, like them films where the animals talk, and the dog dies or something, and i've used the whole tissue box up
    Charlie 17/07/03

Post Thanks / Like

Of course it must have been a shock for people who purchased their pups in that petshop to realise the suffering that may have produced their dog.I wonder how the celebrities feel when they saw their pictures on the walls of the petstore,effectively endorsing the outlet?(namely that soccer player and his lovely WAG).
    I can't understand how the councils who licensed the breeding premises expressed concern instead of taking tangible action.
    I can't understand how the outlet cannot do more to ensure the highest standards from their "suppliers".
    Finally, I cannot understand how people can walk in off the street and select a living creature like a commodity and think this is morally or socially acceptable.(seriously there are pounds full of dogs but they're just not nicely packaged and presented and as well marketed).
    That poor cocker spaniel in the report was literally climbing the walls.How anyone cannot see this as a major welfare issue is beyond me.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sins View Post
    Of course it must have been a shock for people who purchased their pups in that petshop to realise the suffering that may have produced their dog.I wonder how the celebrities feel when they saw their pictures on the walls of the petstore,effectively endorsing the outlet?(namely that soccer player and his lovely WAG).
    I can't understand how the councils who licensed the breeding premises expressed concern instead of taking tangible action.
    I can't understand how the outlet cannot do more to ensure the highest standards from their "suppliers".
    Finally, I cannot understand how people can walk in off the street and select a living creature like a commodity and think this is morally or socially acceptable.(seriously there are pounds full of dogs but they're just not nicely packaged and presented and as well marketed).
    That poor cocker spaniel in the report was literally climbing the walls.How anyone cannot see this as a major welfare issue is beyond me.
    Sins
    I agree!! It makes me so ANGRY!!!
    Charlie 17/07/03

Post Thanks / Like

In Dogs Today(Aug) they lead with an editorial about how September 19th is Puppy Farm Awareness Day.
    I hope im allowed to copy this.
    Its also saying about coming up with a better name for puppy farm/mills as it could give some a nice image of puppys playing in green fields.Suggested names were Battery farmed,puppy dungeons,puppy concentration camps amongst others, by Sept issue they had decided on *battery-farmed puppies* which Dogs Trust is going to use in future campaigns
    These links are given for inspiration-www.awarenessday.org & www.dogs-r-us.org
    Thats a good letter in there from you Bet on MVD btw
    I havnt looked at the links above nor did i see the news but ive spent times sobbing looking at PFs online with Ruby in my arms, as she spent her 1st 4years being used in one of these farms,it breaks my heart & i dont know how she survived it as she really is a softy but then i remind myself she was lucky to get out alive when they couldnt use her anymore
    Sins i agree how is it that the whole world is not up in arms about PFs,when they are about battery farmed chickens,veal trade etc
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tupup View Post
    In Dogs Today(Aug) they lead with an editorial about how September 19th is Puppy Farm Awareness Day.
    I hope im allowed to copy this.
    Its also saying about coming up with a better name for puppy farm/mills as it could give some a nice image of puppys playing in green fields.Suggested names were Battery farmed,puppy dungeons,puppy concentration camps amongst others, by Sept issue they had decided on *battery-farmed puppies* which Dogs Trust is going to use in future campaigns
    These links are given for inspiration-www.awarenessday.org & www.dogs-r-us.org
    Thats a good letter in there from you Bet on MVD btw
    I havnt looked at the links above nor did i see the news but ive spent times sobbing looking at PFs online with Ruby in my arms, as she spent her 1st 4years being used in one of these farms,it breaks my heart & i dont know how she survived it as she really is a softy but then i remind myself she was lucky to get out alive when they couldnt use her anymore
    Sins i agree how is it that the whole world is not up in arms about PFs,when they are about battery farmed chickens,veal trade etc
    I watched the video and it made me cry, them poor dogs! How could people do that. There cold blooded animals!! It breaks my heart to see them that way...
    Charlie 17/07/03