Thread: Article; how & when to give your dog a bath

Post Thanks / Like

Default Article; how & when to give your dog a bath

Interesting points I had not considered in this article:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/he...itchy-pet.aspx
    Last edited by chloe92us; 5th August 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: tried to add tags; Karlin??? bath, smell, allergies, shampoo
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Its strange, i have never had a dog before, i always assumed they had to be bathed every couple of days. God could you imagine. Poppy is very clean, see gets bathed about every 3/4 weeks, sooner if we are out in the fields or at the beach. We always get compliments that her coat is so shiny.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't read the article...but I actually bathe my dogs at least once a month because of my daughter's allergies. I know some dog owner that never give their dog a bath other than spraying them down with water in the summer time.

Post Thanks / Like

When mine start getting the itchies in warm weather they get bathed once a week. I use a natural oatmeal based shampoo and it really seems to help with their dry skin. The important thing is to use a natural shampoo without drying cleansers in it. Plus, when they are clean it's easier to comb out the tangles from scratching. Yep, we're going through this right now
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy- One of the things in that article that I thought was interesting is that shampoos with oatmeal can actually flare up allergies due to the fact that they contain grain...this is only for dogs that have allergies to grains. Just wanted to point that out. I always use an oatmeal shampoo as well, but for those with allergies...maybe something to look out for!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

I thought was interesting. I've actually had better results since using Bio Groom Oatmeal shampoo. Maybe it helps that I really rinse them well. Who knows??
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah