• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Article; how & when to give your dog a bath

Its strange, i have never had a dog before, i always assumed they had to be bathed every couple of days. God could you imagine. Poppy is very clean, see gets bathed about every 3/4 weeks, sooner if we are out in the fields or at the beach. We always get compliments that her coat is so shiny.

I didn't read the article...but I actually bathe my dogs at least once a month because of my daughter's allergies. I know some dog owner that never give their dog a bath other than spraying them down with water in the summer time.

When mine start getting the itchies in warm weather they get bathed once a week. I use a natural oatmeal based shampoo and it really seems to help with their dry skin. The important thing is to use a natural shampoo without drying cleansers in it. Plus, when they are clean it's easier to comb out the tangles from scratching. Yep, we're going through this right now :rolleyes:

Cathy- One of the things in that article that I thought was interesting is that shampoos with oatmeal can actually flare up allergies due to the fact that they contain grain...this is only for dogs that have allergies to grains. Just wanted to point that out. I always use an oatmeal shampoo as well, but for those with allergies...maybe something to look out for! ;)

I thought was interesting. I've actually had better results since using Bio Groom Oatmeal shampoo. Maybe it helps that I really rinse them well. Who knows?? :rolleyes:

Back