• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what kind of comb do you use for grooming?

mounie

Hi all, i have been looking for a comb for the everyday grooming, but i really can't decide which one can be the best for my cav, who is long haired like someone noticed after having seen his pics :rolleyes:
The main types of combs i have seen on the internet are these:
double sided comb
grooming rake
rotating undercoat short/long teeth rake

pls give me some advices, any would be appreciated :xctly:

For everyday use I recommend a brush with rounded pins. This gets all the tangles out gently then follow with a slicker brush to get knots out.

I think we use different things - I have a Mason Pearson brush with a mixture of nylon and natural bristles, which I use first, and then comb the featherings. Sometimes I finish off with the pure bristle Mason Pearson as this gives a nice sheen to the coat.

I do like the combs with rotating teeth, but seem to destroy them pretty quickly!! The stainless steel ones are harder to hold but good if you want to sterilise them...

I really like this comb as it is easy to hold {I have pain in my hands}

http://www.petfavourites.co.uk/Hagen_Slide_n_Lock_Grooming_Comb/1_14947

So far it's lasted well...

Most of my dogs aren't too keen on a slicker brush - so they are brushed and combed every day or every other day, and then I use either a Furminator or Mars Coat King on them, every few weeks to remove the remaining dead coat.

Bathing helps to remove dead coat but I wouldn't recommend bathing them too often - unless you are showing, every 3 months is fine - obviously entire boys will need a quick wipe over underneath {a damp baby wipe works well!} every day, and an undercarriage wash once a week.

Back