• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heads up on board reinstall

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to try and do this in a bit -- I know that the profiles are not showing correctly nor 'who's online' and generally this is an issue with the incorrect loading of some file somewhere when I did a reinstall last month but just haven't had the time to do another reinstall as it is quite tedious....

I prefer to try a reinstall on a weekend when board traffic is lower so will likely do this in an hour or two if I get the chance.

You'll get a board offline message or a 'cant connect to database' but then should come back up before too long. May take me a while to get the smilies back up again as well.

Thanks for sorting this karlin - trying to catch up quickly before the board goes down!!

Well that didn't fix the problem with profiles not showing (which is connected to the who's online issue).

I can see from the board support forum that some others have had a similar problem. I am going to post and see if someone can figure out how to correct the issue.

Otherwise I'll go back to the last version of the board until the completely new release comes out in the coming months. :*gh:

Still can't see any obvious reason for this. May reinstall older version of the board this evening... which means some down time again.

Tried a previous version re-install; still the profile problem. Probably be a few days before I get time to return to this.

Well a new version of the software was actually released this evening so I did an upgrade in hopes that the upgrade would address whatever the current bug is... as there were some known conflicts with the most recent version of the database software, but the profile issue continues so will have to get the support folks to figure out what is happening. :bang:

New version is a bit more zippy though! :) This is supposed to be the last upgrade before a shiny new version is released. That is supposed to happen in autumn or so if the release stays on schedule. It is going into alpha release now and beta release will follow soon after, then various bug fixes til they do the final release.

Everything has really slowed down for me like I'm on dial up and it's loading pages in parts.

Edit: Don't worry, it is my connection.

Last edited:
Ok, think I have found the problem thanks to my hosting service support. Will take the board down a bit later and see if this works. In the meantime -- am going out to see the folks at Dog Training Ireland!

FIXED!! It was actually the fact that I hadn't reinstalled the blog software yet -- as it is interconnected with the profiles. Once I reinstalled, the profiles returned. :):pi*no:

Back