Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog's names?

Post Thanks / Like

My youngest wanted to name Rylie Brutus. I told him I'd give it consideration but I lied (he is only here for the summer so he doesn't REALLY get a vote in family matters). Actually in this case I was the only one with a vote that counted. I do wonder if I should have called him Tigger because when he gets excited his does this vertical jumping thing (only other dog I've seen do this was a Jack Russell) or the energizer puppy because he just keeps going and going and going...........

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby was called that when i got her & at 4years old i thought it a bit mean to change it-but its sooo obvious! i always say "i didnt call her that" but it is pretty
    Jelly Tots was my childhood nickname. If she's naughty she gets Jelly Tottington!! mostly its J, Jels,Jelly or JJ, Rubes gets Ru Ru,rubes or rhubarb! Both answer to darling aswell & i always refer to them as "the girls" in conversation. Its quite funny being out & calling Jelly & Rhubarb,come on!
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't posted in a while but this is great to hear how names came about. Our first Autumn was named because we got her in Sept. and the red matched the fall leaves. The next two, Brandi- named after my husbands first dog- Belle, to keep with the B (she was going to be Smores). The next Quincy was named after an uncle we lived with for 18 years and he had just died. He was named Ginger when we got him at 4 yrs old. That was because of the red. Our newest, Irie, is a jamaican word that is a greeting, and just means all things good. After losing Belle so suddenly I needed a name to cheer me up! Irie now answers to another name too- Wiggles which says it all!!
    Autumn7yrs, at the bridge loving all the sounds
    Belle 6yrs, at the bridge tirelessly chasing butterflies
    Brandi 7yrs, Quincy 7yrs, and Irie 10 months

Post Thanks / Like

My son named Daisy after Jessica Simpson's dog in Newlyweds!
    He wants to name the next one Perry the Platypus after the character in the Phineas and Ferb cartoons....
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

The rescue we got Zoe from had named all the puppies in her littler after flowers so there was Daisy, Poppy, Lily (now Zoe), and the Charlie (I dunno what kind of flower that is but it was the only non flower name). I liked Lily but she didn't look like a lily so I left Zoe's name mostly up to the kids but between the girls wanting Dora, Princess, or Tinkerbell and the boys saying Princess peach or Daisy (both from Super Mario Brothers), Zelda(also a idea game)... I don't remember who suggested Zoe (probably from sesame street) and by the time our 5 hour trip home was over we had all settled on it. Her full name is Princess Zoe to appease the girls.

I didn't name Sushi or Riley but our kitten is named Chunk. We picked it because he was the only kitten who survived and after getting that much milk from momma he got pretty chunky! It was a nickname but it stuck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!

What a fantastic response!! Thank you all so very much!
    There's some great names and fab stories there! so thank you all so very much.....please keep posting if you think of any more!! My article might even turn into a book at this rate! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Leo's real name is Leonardo

He looked like the lion from MGM when he was born hence shortening it to Leo

I always say I'd like another three and I'd call them Michaelangelo, Raefiel and Donatello!

Mel

Post Thanks / Like

My puppys name is Merry Mate on her papers but i changed it to ClaraBow i had this picked months b4 i bought her other names i was goin to call her were Candy Bella Or CoCo

Post Thanks / Like

Chelsea was just a name I got stuck in my head when I got her.

Vivian was picked after i met her, I had originaly chose Lila, but when I saw how she ruled, chewed on her brothers and was generally a spicy girl, I looked at a site something like pet names or dog names and just went through picking some names. When I had the list and saw her in some pics I took at 4 weeks she sat looking at me from under her lashes or brows and I saw Vivan Leigh as Scarlet at the BBQ in the green and white dress with the same look I knew that was it. I even have a copy of that pic.

My cats had some interesting name stories. Candy had a littermate brother named Snickers,thought Candy looked like a candy bar, chocolate covered caramel with vanilla cream(she was a champagin Tonkanese) Tyson was tie-me-in-a-knot, had him for a few days when he climbed under (not behind) the frige. Almost broke my foot getting him out and wanted to tie him up. Kara had orange eyes when I got her, they are more yellow now and was named after carrot eyes.

Have fun.
    Suzanne mom to Chelsea(ruby girl), Vivian (tri girl),Kara(rescue kitty), Tyson and Candy(Tonk kittys at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

My mob are
    Indie- she a leonberger proper name indigo as her mum was rainbow also wanted to be able to say in send aways in obedience Indie go
    Kez- short for Kestrel as she was going to soar to the top in obedience agility and everything else she tried
    Ollie- just cos he's a collie
    Jazz is a tri cav short for Jasmine i thought a sweet flower name should make her a sweet liitle dog didnt work she was a very naughty puppy
    Pip- vet called me he had a tiny cav pup that was too small to go with rest of litter and he was a little pip grown into a huge boy
    Emily came with her name
    Misty came with her name
    Folly because i shouldnt really have kept her but she is black and tan and is my folly keeping her
    Havoc- she causes it
    Roger- got him as a 9yr old stud dog with no name and thats what he spent his life doing
    Monty came with that name
    Ike is like a hurricane
    LIZ AND THE CAVS JAZZ,PIP, EMILY,Misty and Havoc and 2 collies a leonberger and a long haired rottie