• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan acting weird.

*Pauline*

Something has really spooked him and it's scaring me. He back snorted and this does usually frighten him and he came running. I did what I usually do to fix this, I gently covered his nose while tipping it down for 2 seconds, that fixed it. Then he wouldn't leave my side, really close to me, if I stand still he sits on my feet. I picked him up and he looked into space a bit stressed looking. I used Tellington Touch on his ear which usually has him asleep in a minute and that seemed to calm him. I'm taking him to bed now, he talking to the coffee table, now he's barking. :confused: I'm wondering if he's seeing things.

panic over, he had an upset tummy. one wet dog after a washed bum, wrapped up in a towel on my lap. i think it was the pedigree dental stick, i can smell it. once he's dry i'll give him some pro-kolin. he's so tired.

that really frightened me, i thought he was going to have a screaming fit. :(

I am glad you know what it was ... it's late there ... must have been really concerning. Lucky and Sparks both had their own tummy issues last week ... I hate those! I hope that Dylan is feeling better & back to his old self in no time! :)

I'm glad you found out what was wrong Pauline. Poor Dylan, he must have been feeling a bit ropey. Everything always seems so much worse in the middle of the night doesn't it. Hope his tummy is ok today.

Thanks everyone, I went out with a torch after and it wasn't really the runs, it must have been a bit soft to get some on his coat though. I think he must have had a tummy ache.

He asked to sleep in the crate so I let him sleep on his own with the door open and i heard the pitter patter of his feet later as he came into my room and slept on the floor.

It's horrible assuming every little thing is his SM getting worse.

Glad he's feeling better. Can I ask, what is Tellington Touch ? I've never of this - sounds interesting.

I hate those Dentastix ! If Daisy gets one, this really weird smell comes out through her entire body and she has to be washed to get rid of it, so
they've been banned in our house.
Sometimes they get spooked even when they're not ill,it can be a shadow or a noise but sometimes you'd think the house is haunted as if they see things that are not there:)
I'm glad he's feeling better though.
Sins

I didn't think till now to look at youtube and I had been doing the ears wrong. Saying that, it worked. Here's what I do: I used what I knew about acupuncture in the ear which I've had done on myself to relieve pain and anxiety. I do gentle acupressure pinches along the front edge of the ear and he is asleep in seconds. I'll do a youtube for you later. Like she says, do it to your own ear, it's lovely. Better still, get someone else to do it!

Glad Dylan is feeling better now...must have been scary,things always are in the night.

Hi Pauline,
Im glad to hear Dylan is ok, when I first starting reading this post I felt sick:(

We use T touch on Leo some times......he loves it.

Mel:rolleyes:

Back