Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Sick Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Very Sick Dog

I have a very very sick dog on my hands. Bad bad diarrhoea since yesterday and today when I got home from work there were 2 pools of watery blood and also blood clots on the kitchen floor.
    Rang vet who can see us tonight or tomorrow, frantically trying to organise a lift before they close this evening.
    Let them out the back briefly to go to the toilet and there was another bloody pool left. Really worried now.

Does anybody have any experience of something like this happening? I have been fasting both of them since yesterday but it hasnt even eased off at all.

At least I am off work the next 4 days to get them sorted.
    Siobhan
    Belle (Tri-F) Rosie (Ruby-F) Bismarck (Blenheim-M)
    Prince (At the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I would really try to get to a vet tonight...if your vet can't see you I would find one who can this sounds very serious, if you have no way to get there would your vet come to you at the end of appointments?

Hope you can get this sorted soon...let us know how you get on.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you can get there today. Definitely needs vet attention ASAP. Haven't any experience with this but have seen this mentioned on board. Thoughts with you to get this settled.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

God Siobhan I hope everything is ok with them. I agree with everyone else, I wouldnt leave this go til tomorrow. keep us posted and good luck.
    Edel
    I love you Lady

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the vet must see the dogs tonight.
    Daisy has had gastroenteritis but nothing that matches the description that you've just posted.If you have to call out the vet then do.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Gastro.The poos smell funny,what i mean is ,it wont smell like normal poos.Blood in there as well def.sounds Gastro.Its going around .Starve and only water.Till vet has seen him.Temp prob.up as well....

Post Thanks / Like

Aww that sounds terrible. Poor baby. Hopefully you can get to the vet tonight. Let us know how it goes.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you get a lift tonight, if not, I'd start knocking on neighbours doors. I'm sure someone will be happy to help.

Will be worried for you all evening now so please let us know what's happening
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Haemorrhagic Gastroenteritis and needs veterinary attention immediately, even if it means an emergency callout.
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

HI, ive just been thru this,this last week. my dog who is 5 years old, went to have his teeth cleaned and 2 front teeth out last wednesday first time going under. Op on the Wed then on Fri evening had diar. and blood loss, took him to vet on sat morning on antiibiotics and some sort of paste, hes started eating now after 3 days, was diag. with colitis. had blood coming from him last Feb but wasn't as bad as this. he is now going onto James Beloved food, we have to work out what causes this. i think stress might have caused it.

Take him to the vet but dont worry too much it looks like cav's have sensitive stomaches. he was loosing so much blood over 48 hours every 20 mins, but he is eating and being the happy dog he was before now, we just need to keep a record of what he eats now to try and work it out.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Pepe; 19th August 2009 at 08:56 PM.