• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My new rescue site up

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I've overhauled the site. Still needs some tweaks here and there but it now has a section that lists individual available dogs.

www.ckcsrescue.com

Now, people apply for each dog individually and I will pick the best applications in the order I receive them as the homing order for a given dog.

A bunch of the links in the Links section are incorrect -- they've changed internally for the new version of the board software I guess -- but that will be fixed.

I love it, it looks classy. I like the detailed information you give about the dogs, on other sites the details can be a bit ambiguous. I hope it makes things easier for you and the dogs are placed easier. Maybe you'll get more calls from people wanting you to rescue their dogs too, I hope you don't get snowed under.

Thank for doing this :)

It's very good, I love the profile of each individual dog,it can give a potential owner a feel for the dog and how it might suit their home.
Sins

The website looks great! - I especially love the profile sections for each dog. Its so much more personal and made me want to cry reading their stories.. Im sure it'll be great for helping potential owners to decide which dog is right for their home.

Thanks -- for some reason the text spacing is wonky on a couple of pages but when I get the time I'll sort it out.

I may have 2-3 more dogs but I think I have a couple of those homed. I HOPE!!!

Justine I will count on you to get me a few good pics of the dogs when they get to you so I can do an entry for each. I don't know the names for those three.

Karlin, I hope you take this with a grain of salt, but I liked your old site! It was so handsome and welcoming- just like our Cavaliers. This one looks more like a research site. I know how much work goes in to designing (or redesigning) a website- this is my husband's profession- and I hate to even say anything but I think you were wanting feedback, right? Regardless, I think having a website is definitely going to help place dogs more quickly. Great idea, and it sounds like you're getting more outside help. (y)

No I appreciate all feedback! :lol: But it has exactly the same content as the old site. All that has really changed content-wise is adding the dog listings and updating the text. I was tired of the old template though and wanted something that used more images and I like a cleaner design. I also want to add some happy endings stories.

I really, really like it :).

The dogs' profiles and pics are excellent and you do get a feel for the individual dogs. :)

The site looks great Karlin. I have been reading the rescue section on the forum a lot lately. It is really upsetting to see all those Cavies who don't have a home and I think its really great what you do. I have decided that the next time I get a Cav I will rescue one instead of getting a puppy.

Karlin, i absolutely agree with kimy27, what a helpful site, clear information, and such a lovely care for cavs, (y)

I think the template is laid out nicely, and the information is great, but I think the gray color makes it seem cold (warmer colors are more welcoming) and I have an obsession with font types and I loved the font on the title of your old site. If you possibly changed the titles and headings to a different contrasting font (like a script), they would stand out more. Sorry, I'm a design junkie. :rolleyes:

Guess we will have to disagree on design tastes! I did the majority of a design diploma a long while back and used to do a lot of publication design. :) I liked the colours of some of the templates in the old design, but actually always hated that script typeface myself -- but people cannot modify iWeb templates so I had to use it. It's poor for readability especially on the internal pages where the size is small.

Also people with different browsers or operating systems see the pages and website colours differently. The new version of IE on Windows seems to make the board very dark :confused:, whereas IE on our work PCs is close to what I see on Firefox or Safari on a Mac. Frustrating!

i think its great, gives good information on all the dogs available for re homing and is very clear and easy to read and navigate!

already in my favourites bar so i can keep track!

well done and lets hope all your hard work pays off and these beautiful babies get the forever homes they deserve.:)

I'm really enjoying checking in and reading your descriptions Karlin. It's hard not to fall for all of them.

Well people are welcome to fall for SOME of them and apply for dogs! :)

I will consider UK homes if I can arrange homecheck and support via one of the rescues I work with and if people are willing to come across for a dog.

Back