Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HOMED: Bailey: 4 year old male blenheim, Ireland

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just devastated to read this,I briefly saw something in the sidebar of the site and prayed that it wasn't our Bailey.The only consolation was that he went so quickly,God knows he'd done enough suffering at the start of his life.
    I can understand how much he meant to you,he really was the sweetest boy once he learned to trust people again.I was thinking of him only yesterday when I found some photos of him in a folder on my PC.
    He had his paws on my knee,looking for a cuddle.
    You'd done an amazing job with him and I'm so pleased he found a wonderful life with you.
    I'm just shocked and upset that he passed so unexpectedly at only 6 years old.
    During his time with us,our family had grown very fond of him.
    He was an unforgettable dog and so many members here,shared the story of his rescue,his appalling feral life and his ultimate rehabilitation and rejoiced when he found his forever home.
    I'm so very, very sorry for your loss.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

I am so so very sorry. It is the most devastating thing always, but so suddenly. I hope all concerned can take comfort from knowing that you gave him the very best years of his life and let him become a loving happy dog. My thoughts are with you all.
    Juno, Sooty, Suki, Tilly
    Anna and Whisper waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so very sorry about you losing Bailey. It's both heartwarming (that he found a wonderful forever home) and heartbreaking (that you lost him so soon) about this poor little cavalier. Thank you so much for giving him a loving happy home! My condolences to you all and know that we are here for you if you ever want to talk.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for all your support. We have been finding the last few days very tough. Just read over my last post and I meant to say he oozed affection. It was our little family that was affected and in the most wonderful way. He was a big softy. Thankfully, he didn't actually get sick. He was perfect Sunday morning, bounding around as usual. It wasn't until evening time he changed. We had him in the vet within 20 mins unfortunately because it was a Sunday we had to rush him to an emergency vet. He seemed to be coming around and Jay fully expected to be collecting him the next morning. I had a terrible feeling that he wouldn't make it. He didn't even whimper when he got a needle. However, within an hour we received the devastating news that although the vet had done all he could he had been unable to revive Bailey. It turned out it was an aneurysm. I cannot bear to think of him suffering so at least he did not know any pain. I always believe things happen for a reason, although it's a tough philosophy to uphold at present, I stumbled across Bailey's story while researching puppies. I sobbed and knew immediately I had found our new pal and he has certainly been an addition to our family. He brought immense joy everyday and so much love into our home. The only reason I can contemplate for his abrupt departure from our lives is that God wanted to spare him any long term pain old age might have brought so while my heart feels like it has been torn to shreds, I know it would have been equally hard to watch if had not been able to bound up the stairs at bed time, dance around the kitchen with every feed or boil over with excitement at the mere mention of the words walk or jumbone! So although I wish he was cuddled up on my lap right now I also know that in all good conscience I would never wish an ounce of pain on our beloved boy and find solace in the fact he will never ever know fear or pain again and passed knowing he was our world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The fact that you had him to the vet so quickly meant he was in good hands and he would have been sedated and comfortable. It is very very hard to lose a companion like this, so suddenly and without warning. But he was where he needed to be to give him any needed treatment and also to ease his passing when that so sadly happened. This would have been a calm and quiet passing as a vet could take the decision once it was clear this was not something he could recover from -- that alone is a blessing. We all hope to have our doglets in that right place at the right time because, as so many long time experienced dog owners here have gently said over time, it is very rare for a dog to simply pass away quietly at home, in their sleep. he was spared any distress because you acted so swiftly.

Be kind to yourselves and grieve. But also know you did all you could and he won't have suffered.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I missed this thread I'm so very sorry.

Sins, you gave this gorgeous boy the chance of a wonderful home, he then went to a truly fantastic home and packed a life time of love and fun into just two short years.

He was lucky to have such a wonderful, loving family - and he blessed your lives too.

You feel so cheated to lose them young, but as you so graciously say, it prevented him from suffering the indignities and pain of old age.

You are in our thoughts.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org