Thread: HOMED: Ireland: M ruby; F ruby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default HOMED: Ireland: M ruby; F ruby

These two are coming to me tomorrow. Both should be sorted but just in case circumstances change I am posting them and will update. As I knew about these for a week before they came in I've had the time to make advance arrangements and make contact with a couple of waiting potential homes that were on call for rubies.

The B&T that was to come in with them is now I understand remaining with one of the owners but that might change.

Will have four dogs going to new homes this week. Four left -- the new three girls just in, and Bailey will be ready to go to a new home before too long as he is doing fantastically well.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Owner's friend never showed with the dogs, causing me to have to cancel vet appt for the second time in a row, and leaving me waiting three hours for dogs that never arrived and a new home disappointed this evening.

What is WRONG with people.

Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Awful behavior
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What I don't understand is why the guy couldn't just call and let me know. He'd phoned once (after the time we'd arranged to meet) to say he was going to be late but would be there within the hour. I never heard from him again. Meanwhile I have homes for both the dogs that were waiting today.

I hope someone calls me or DTI and lets us know what is happening, just so I know whether to hold the homes or place other dogs there.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

We can sense your frustration across the miles, Karlin - it must be SOoooo difficult to stay calm and civil when people treat you like that, not to mention the upset to those who are waiting to care for those poor dogs

Fingers crossed that they will be OK, whatever happens to them, and that you will live to fight another day - Irish Cavaliers are counting on it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Actually I didn't stay too civil... -- at the point when I had to cancel at the last minute, and for the third time, a vet appointment for these dogs at my vets, I left some pretty pointed phone messages. I do not like to treat my vets like this and meant someone else did not get the appt I was given and didn't use -- under normal circumstances at some vets, this would lead to you being charged for the appointment anyway.

I could understand having problems with one person rehoming but I don't understand what is going on with three people all of whom don't seem capable of delivering these dogs to rescue. Yesterday was a total write off for me and it is a normal workday for me as well. Have so much to do before I go to the US for two weeks next week; really could have made productive use of that time.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

That's just ridiculous, Karlin. I had a discussion along similar lines with a friend recently. I just don't get people that seem oblivious to COMMON COURTESY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cake sounds good to me!!

Well these two finally were dropped off to DTI yesterday and are currently with their new prospective homes. Female in full heat. Initially we thought she might be pregnant but vet thinks probably not.

Two very friendly dogs, really enjoy other dogs.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thats a relief Karlin - was thinking of her all evening! Too beautiful dogs though.