• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sore Paw

LisaluvzCav

Hey Clara's back paw is very sore. We discovered a lump beside it just under her paw last week and we brought her to the vet. He said it should go away as shes growing and its nothing to worry about! Today clara caught her paw in her blanket and was in agony!:( The lump has gotten more noticable. Im bringing her to the vet on thursday again as i have an apointment for her needles! Should i ask the vet certain questions? Has anybody got any experience with a situation similar? Thanks!

I've had no experience with any of our dogs with Clara's problem paw.

Just hope that you can get vet to find what's causing the lump and treat it.

Why did vet say she would lose it as she grows? If he can't satisfy you ; I would get a second opinion. Is it simply a reaction to something that caught in her paw or something else?

Heather R

With an answer like that, I'd consider changing vets.

Something is wrong if she was in agony. Was it the lump? Was it something else? If it was bothering her to start with I cannot understand why a vet would dismiss this. If it is growing then it needs to be seen, urgently. To me it sounds like it is maybe an abcess?

But a lump on the foot isn't normal and doesn't go away as a dog grows. I can't understand what they could have meant. :confused:

If you are going in for her vaccines I'd get a clarification of exactly what was meant. Never be afraid to ask for detailed information and ring back if you get home and are uncertain of what the vet said or meant. They are working for you, after all.

He said her muscles were still devloping and that as she develops it should disappear. Its on her stomach slightly under her back paw! She is a very happy puppy and is very healthy its just sometimes her paw gets really sore. thanks for the advice

Back