• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

2010 CavalierTalk Rescue Calendar

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is that time of the year again and I thought I might make a suggestion: if someone wants to run the picture competition over the month of September, I could put the images onto calendars through Cafepress. That way, people can order directly online, and as I have a cafepress shop account, money would go to rescue that way. Then the postage, shipping etc is taken care of through the online ordering process and people can pick from three different calender models: a regualr size, a large size, or an oversized version.

Once people get the images for each month decided, they can email the winnig images to me and I'll get the calenders set up for orders.

This gets all the hassle out of an individual's hair. Kirsty has done a stellar job on this with a lot of attendant hassle, over the past couple of years. It will be nice for her to not have to organise this again but I also know how popular the calendar is with everyone.

There is also an option to do two different calendars if people want!

You can see the calendar models here:

http://calendars.cafepress.com/wall-calendars

I can also use the same winning images for notecards or other items if peope are interested. I have had a store for ages for rescue, but never got around to putting anything into it (I always have good intentions!).

Now to make this work I'd really need people to ragnise the compeition for the month of Sept and MUST have the winning images for October 1st. I want to make sure people have plenty of time to order the calendars before the holidays -- but the great thing is, you will be able to order anytime.

As there's also a UK base store we can do the calendar for ordering from with the UK or US. :)

So talk amongst yourselves and let me know what you think!

How do the pictures work? I didn't get to participate last year. Are they pics that are submitted by board members?? Or generic CKCS pics?

Just had a look, a little more expensive than previous years .... but you are paying for someone's man hours to create/pack/ship so not unreasonable and quality looks good :)

Great idea, Karlin - and it will be better for Kirsty :)
I don't mind paying a bit extra, it is all for a very good cause.
Suggestion: Could you make an extra option at the payments account for "benefits" for the organisation? I.e. extra money to help cavalier rescue. I don't know whether it will be too difficult, it was just a thought...

Hi

I think we would all agree if any costs go up add it on to the calendar cost to ensure your percentage profit for the rescue remains the same.

There's a base price on items and then the seller adds a percentage on top and that is the price listed so the amount that would go to rescue would be included in the total -- the amounts listed in the stores would be typical, they would have a 25% or so markup on the base price -- in other words there isn;t more money added on top of the prices you see there; if the calendar was listed as $18 or 12 pounds, say, that would be the total price including some that CafePress pays directly to me. I don't think you can add on donation amounts as it is processed through Cafepress. It means the calendars are printed as needed and thus someone doesn't have to try to get payments, organise printing, pack and ship etc.

If people want to donate they can do so directly via Paypal to [email protected] as that goes into my general rescue account and I transfer money from there to the Irish Cavalier Rescue account.

At any rate if people want a calendar it would be a good idea to decide who might set up the online competition here so we get our finalists by Oct 1st. I know it sounds far in advance but it usually gets very tight due to delays in getting images etc and it would be nice to have the calendar available to order by end of October so people can get them as gifts if they want and well in time for the new year. :)

BUMP!!!

This is an excellent idea - can someone volunteer to organise the polls?

The usual format is that we have twelve threads, one for each month and then one for the front cover, which has always featured one or more of our companions who have passed away over the previous year.

If you look back through the previous years threads, you can see how it was set up.

People can enter one photo per month, there is then a closing date followed by polls for each month set up so that everyone can vote.

{I'm on holiday in a few weeks so not able to do this, sorry}

I'll give the polls a go - seeing as it's raining & I have nothing else to do at the mo!!

Karlin, you need the pics by Oct 1st so if we put the pics up over the next 2 weeks then that leaves a week for the polls - will that be ok?

No probs!

Anyone have any idea what to do if there would be heats like last year - or how to avaoid them in order to avoid dissapointment?

Karlin - Is it possible to have 2 photos for each month? Like the winner & then a smaller one of the runner up? Just wondered then if there had to be a heat both pics could go up - remember last year when the polls had to be split because of so many entrants per month.

Any ideas welcome!

Have to say, when we had heats past time, people who one the first round were up against people who got less votes in the second round. The original winner lost sometimes. That did leave people disappointed and people forgot to vote for the second heat. Fair enough if there is a draw situation. Just my opinion.

calanders as gifts

can calanders be ordered and sent direct to people as gifts. I have several friends and relatives that are cavalier freaks, id love to get them sent one. di

Have to say, when we had heats past time, people who one the first round were up against people who got less votes in the second round. The original winner lost sometimes. That did leave people disappointed and people forgot to vote for the second heat. Fair enough if there is a draw situation. Just my opinion.

The first two years the calender was done, we had no heats and no problems :)
Last year a new member harped on that the we should have heats so we had heats!. This led to much aggravation, upset and delays and I had to ask winners of heats if they would let the "other" winner have their pic included, and then the person that kicked up such a fuss didn't even buy a calender.

If you look like you are getting in a tie situation just post to say you need more votes, that should resolve any need for heats and keep delays at bay:p
Hope this helps

Back