Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: REUNITED WITH OWNER: black and tan male cavalier

Post Thanks / Like

Default REUNITED WITH OWNER: black and tan male cavalier

hi we have taken in a male black and tan this evening another lady found him and could not keep him i will not be able to keep him either as i have three dogs already and that is my limit for karlin i am wondering about whether there are any places in rescue if owner is not found the dog seems healthy and in good condition and groomed but not micropchipped any advice welcom

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you.Did you pm Karlin.Jus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are a couple of things that *legally* you must do. You need to report him to the guards and the Cork pound but your are NOT required to take him there. Please do not take him to the pound as these dogs often end up being pts or can be hard to get back out to rescue -- some pounds will not work with rescue at all. If the pound tells you you have to take hi there, this is not true -- under law all you need to do is report him and give your contact details.

Can someone put up posters around the area where he was found? Call the local grooming parlours as one may well have him as a client? If he has a collar or something distinguishing (eg a bit of white on chest for example) then don't put that on the posters -- leave the owner to identify something distinctive or bring a picture.

Cork Animal Care may be able to help with a foster and/or home and I can help home him if they cannot do so. But you need to notify the authorities that you have him to help the owner to find him.

I am sure they will help you with the details at Cork Animal Care:

50 Cois Tobair
    Dromahane
    Co. Cork
    +353 (0)21 455 1781
    info@animalcaresociety.ie

If after a week the owner cannot be found then I will try to help but I don't have any free fosters in your area. If you can hold him just for the legal 5 days then a rescue can step in, and this would help. Either one down there, or I will help.

PS you should also list him at lostandfound.ie
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

The CSPCA have a new state of the art dogs home at Mahon,not far from Debenhams(across from Central Statistics Office)
    Phone 1550 200789
    They have homed over 500 dogs this year and they try to avoid putting healthy dogs to sleep and they will work with breed rescues.(I think a large grant from Dogstrust came their way??)
    I visited it a few weeks ago and was very impressed.
    You don't have to surrender a dog to them, you can keep it yourself while they look for the owner.They may have details of someone looking for the cavalier on their database.It's now the first place you'd check with if your dog goes mising.
    http://www.cspca.ie/

Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, I had just gone off to get CSPCS contact info then got into doing something else and forgot! I'd definitely ring them in the morning as I am sure they will help you go through what needs to be done and give advice.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default update black and tan cavalier

Hi everyone Sorry for delay in getting back my internet has been crashing all day problems with the server

The guards where informed last saturday about the dog but no one has come forward as yet

i informed mahon dog pound this morning and the county warden but they have no reports of missing cavaliers

We are in midleton and i have informed the local pet shops but no one has enquired or posted and ad for a missing cav in either of the shops
    The county warden has offered to collect the dog if i would like him to and he says they would probably be able to get him a new home easily
    I have spoken to Ann in the animal care society and she is trying to get him a foster place
    As i said all ready i wont be able to keep him for two long as i have three dogs already and two of them are female and have not been neutered and it seems that this dog is neither neutered of microhipped although the local vet says he seems well cared for he saw him on Monday the other lady brought him in though it seems another man has brought him in before that the ladies neighbour apparantlely and when he could not keep this lady said she would and then she aproached me because she heard from the local pet shop that i owened a black and tan and they thought it might be mine When she told me she could not keep him i offered to have him for a few days but after that i dont know what we will do my three have not eaten anything since he arrived I will keep everyone updated

Post Thanks / Like

Default For Karlin

Karlin just to let you know that i have sent you a pm with my phone numbers just in case you want to contant me

Post Thanks / Like

I am from Middleton,know it well.Keep in touch with karlin.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm less than 5 mins away from you. I have a foster at the moment but if he's homed in the short term I'll have a spot free.Homing a young B/T cavalier shouldn't be difficult If a spot opens for him further up I can transport.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Default re black and tan male cavalier cork

hi sins and everyone no luck tracing the owners yet i have notices up in the local pet shop no one enquiring about a lost cavalier hope there will be some good news re rescue for him soon as yet Ann in animal care cork has not gotten back to me