Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: REUNITED WITH OWNER: black and tan male cavalier

Post Thanks / Like

Default black and tan cavalier

Hi everyone Great news the cavalier has been reunited with the owner in the last half hour Lovely lady from cork city college road

The dog went missing last thursday after escasping from the back garden it must have been stolen after that and brought to midleton i was on the cspca website this afternoon and saw the ad for the missing dog i rang the lady and she was able to tell me that the dog was not microchipped or neutered and she described some off his habits accurately when she arrived to see if it was her dog it was obvious that the dog was delighted to see both her and her daughter

i adviced her to at least get the dog microchipped and buy a collar and disc and he had neither when he escaped the garden she has assured me that she will do these things immediatly

So a happy ending for dog and owner

Post Thanks / Like

That's wonderful news. Poor little guy must have been thrilled to be reunited with his owners today. Well done for keeping him safe.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Aaah I love a happy ending well done for your part in reuniting dog & owners
    Sarah

Harry-tri & Charlie-ruby

Post Thanks / Like

Great news
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A very happy ending; thanks for being so central to a good resolution! Great job!!

I think this woman may have rung me as well last week just after he disappeared... and I told her the same thing -- if unneutered could easily have escaped in search of a female in heat. I explained a male can scent a female from two miles or more away and said without a chip she would not be able to prove ownership if they found he had been stolen. Though maybe it was someone else as she was supposed to send me a picture to post here and she never posted to lostandfound.ie.

He was very unlikely to have been stolen -- thieves either steal to order or steal to sell on or to breed and an intact unchipped male would be exactly the kind of dog they could have sold. They would not have released him. She really needs to asses the security of her garden, I think. people don't realise their dogs often can easily climb fences or dog under them or go right through thick hedges -- again esp. if a male scents a female in heat.

Hope she follows through or undoubtedly he will get out again if he has figured out an escape route.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

He was very unlikely to have been stolen
    It is odd that he was found wandering around Midleton.Perhaps someone took him and he escaped from their home?
    To get from College road/Glasheen area he would have had to either cross the city and out by the river or negotiate the Jack Lynch Tunnel and eoither way face 10 miles of motorway(120 kjph) to get to Midleton.
    It'll rest as one of those unsloved mysteries.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

I am so pleased this was a happy ending, I have been thinking about
    it all afternoon/evening!
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I love a happy ending....I do hope he doesn't escape again.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

That's great newsand well done you for all the effort you put into helping this dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job in helping this little "traveler" -too much to hope that he remembers his escapade wasn't fun.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday