• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Brian's fault

More pictures, pleeeeeease......would love to see some of the whole gang and more of little Tansy !!!!!

Thanks all; she came with the name so I can take no credit for it but I like it so will keep it. I think the woman who collected them from the breeder for me gave them those names.

The last thing I needed was another dog :lol: but she is special, so we decided to squeeze her in; also so the two girls would remain able to see each other. I will get more pics at some point. She's just been so good -- I cannot imagine how she survived with so little human contact as she just craves it. She is still very hard to get to relieve herself on walks -- she is so overwhelmed by everything going on around her and everything distracts her or makes her a bit anxious and open spaces worry her a bit (typical kennel dog). But she is slowly settling in though she also takes ages to eat. She eats kibble by taking one piece out of the bowl and carrying it to one side to eat. Her skin's very dry so am giving her salmon oil hoping that will help.

I walk the dogs now in two batches -- two and then three -- too hard to do five. :eek:

She is so lovely :) and she was waiting for you, I think. She might feel better for a bit eating with her food on the "ground" and then out of a bowl. Two of my rescues started that way and soon the bowl was no big deal. They remind me of birds in the beginning with their watchfulness-big world to keep at bay. How does your terrific 4 like Tansy-oh,gosh, I forgot about the kitties-what a great group. Are you done with your "dog sitting" ?

Yes the dog sitting ended yesterday -- hooray! And my neighbour gave me a giant Tobelerone (just what the waistline needs! :eek: Bt I am just about to have some with some tea :cool:) and a bottle of wine. My four are (surprisingly) quite happy with Tansy -- she is already sleeping in a crate with various dogs at various times. Amazingly Lily only growled once -- she seems to be mellowing out in general! :lol:).

I did just what you are suggesting -- gave her food on a flat plate the first her a couple of days to figure out the main water bowl. :) She discovered a flat rawhide chew today and there was great excitement.

Mindy used to eat like that - she would take a piece out of her bowl and carry it over to a carpeted area to eat and then repeat........... The breeder had fed the dogs in their crates so maybe that's why. She ate at least some of her meal that way for years. Maybe why she stayed slim:roll: With her years of wisdom she has realized that it's NOT the most efficient way to eat (she was never a picky eater) and now she just chows down.

Hooray for Tansy!! Who could resist that adorable little face??!! She couldn't have ended up in a better home!

Back