• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The dog hair! How do you cope???

Or you could try pinning this up on the front door:

TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:

(1) They live here. You don't.
(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
(3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
(4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they

(1) eat less,
(2) don't ask for money all the time,
(3) are easier to train,
(4) normally come when called,
(5) never ask to drive the car,
(6) don't hang out with drug-using people,
(7) don't smoke or drink,
(8) don't want to wear your clothes,
(9) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
(10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and
(11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

This is SHEER BRILLIANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mexwav: mini mexican waves for dog people

I will also advice against furminating in the communal garden when neighbours are drying their washing on the line!! he he he

I dressed for work this morning in all black (silly me!!). After breakfast while I was still sitting at the table, my little one decided she would jump up on my lap. We had a cuddle and when I got up to leave for work I noticed the coat of white hair all over my black suit.:yikes That was a rooky mistake!! But a quick brush down with a damp cloth and I was ready to go :cool:

Well! I ask a question, go to work, and come home to find three pages of replies! And funny ones, at that. LOL I wear a lot of black, too, and have resurrected the lint rollers that have been languishing in our closets over the past 16 years.

So, if you have carpets, pick the color that will closest match the shedding dog hair :luv:

We actually did that, thirty years ago! Installed vinyl flooring in the kitchen to match the color of our two Irish Setter's hairs.(now there's a breed you'll want to avoid. Fluff for brains! LOL And the stories I can tell about one of them. Yoicks!)

We've also had an Aussie. OMG The clumps that came off her, from the undercoat! I've lived with hair, but that was a lot time ago and I didn't realize how spoiled I've become until we got Sophie. After all my careful research (ha!) I failed to investigate the . . . . hair factor.

Ah, well, I will get used to it. The vacuum cleaner bags do fill up faster than they used to. :wink: I've thought of vacuuming HER and am going to give it a try. And I will check out the Dyson hand-held for the bedding. When I was growing up, we had a collie mix that allowed me to vacuum her. All our subsequent dogs were afraid of the thing.

The Blenheim hairs do blend in nicely with our oak hardwood flooring, though.

Pretty much agree w/ Wagtails' post.... that was great!! :)

Without the shedding, cavaliers would be perfect. But, alas, nothing is perfect, and this is their one "flaw", IMO.

We really don't dwell on it... it comes w/ the territory and that's that. We keep a couple of those adhesive lint brushes around for us and for guests, and I keep one in my car too, in case I don't want to show up somewhere covered in fur.

I agree that brushing daily is helpful. Sasha seems to go through phases w/ the shedding, not sure why...

I've thought of vacuuming HER and am going to give it a try.

I have a friend who vacuums her boxer. I must admit I was appalled when she told me but having seen her do it I changed my mind. He loves it. Now any time she tries to vacuum he torments her till she does him too :D
Not so sure how it would work out with a cavaliers longer coat though icon_nwunsure

We had a rescued full bred Collie- she looked like lassie when I finally got her CLEAN. That dog could give lessons on shedding. I remember my five year old brushing her and telling me it was snowing.

Wear tweed.

The pledge fabric sweeper works really good.

Enjoy spending lots of alone time with your vacuum.

Cuddle your cavvies and realize how a little hair is a small price to pay for all that love.

Sins thats absolutely hilarious, really made me chuckle :rotfl::rotfl:

And totally barking mad :lpy:

Back