• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Omg!!!!

Janice

Yes, I have had male dogs all my life, and yes, I have seen the inside of dog's winkies sticking out about an inch or so.

But Reuben is only 7 months old and his sticks out about 4 inches!!! :eek:
If anyone ever sees it they go bananas!! all the kids in the neighbourhood go "EEEUURRGHH" :eek:

(I nearly tell them that they are only jealous, but I dont!!)

Its getting a bit embarrassing!!! :D

Oh my goodness! Does this stop after they are neutered?!! That would be a big yuck for me, no doubt! I've never seen a dog with that much "extension" either! It sounds like it would look like a horse.

Poor you -- I hope that it somehow gets under control. :eek:

Oh dear. Male dogs, like male anythings :lol: have penises. They sometimes stick out. It is normal! If all it does is stick out and the dog isn't doing anything more embarrassing/noisy/visual, then feel lucky! If the fact that dog has a penis is unbearable, then get a female! :rotfl:

And no, dog's penises won't disappear from view because they are neutered. Sometimes they come out even more. :wggle:

Surely this isn't embarrassing to adults, some of whom have presumably encountered such appendages on human males whether partners or sons or nephews or children whose nappies needed changing... really they aren't that scary at all. :cool:

PS better not get bully sticks as treats for the dogs then... :rotfl:

Hahahahaha J's is huge but everyone is used to it by now and it only sticks out he doesn't do anything with it! :D
We actually got stopped in the park by a lady who said "what an extremely large penis your dog has" then she proceeded to show me her dogs bits which were tiny. Thats my boy.

And no, dog's penises won't disappear from view because they are neutered. Sometimes they come out even more. :wggle:

OK, just so you all don't think I'm an idiot, I do know that the actual always-visible-to-the-world part doesn't go away when neutered, but I thought maybe the red part that normally is inside would no longer "want" to come out to be seen? icon_blshing (Maybe we just have a terminology problem here?!)

We did have one male toy poodle growing up (and 3 girls) and I only saw the red inner part peek out maybe a half an inch once or twice in his life. He was neutered early so I thought maybe that was the reason we never saw it. (He also never humped anything a single time in his life to my knowledge.)

I think I'll stick with girls! At least I know a little more about their anatomy! (And yes, I'm married and I have both a son and a daughter! :rolleyes: )

OK, I think I'd better get back to work now...

:lol:

The outer part is the sheath; the red bit is the actual penis. :)

I don't see Leo's that often, but Jaspar is a let it all hang out kinda guy. :lol:

I saw Jato's stick out only a few times when he was a puppy. Since he has been neutered, I've never seen it. :rolleyes: I think I would be embarassed too if it came out 4 inches. Yikes!!!

Bull or bullock, surely? :lol: I'd assume some cow somewhere was spared a tryst.

Considering my thirty+ years with cavaliers I have not actually bred many litters, but I have had a lot of experience with handling stud dogs.

I could keep this thread going single handed for quite some weeks, but as my surprisingly squeamish daughter says ..........."that's far too much information"

Ive never bred dogs or handled stud dogs like Margaret but ive worked as a Nurse on a Male surgical ward and Like Margaret I could also keep this thread going!!!! as trust me men are worse for "getting it out when you least expect it" than dogs:fool:

Mel

Hi

Karlin you being a journalist do have a way with words ,but I am certainly NOT letting the girls read this as they would be way too embarassed and Poppy being the oldest is only just 3 and thats much to young so sorry this thread is off limits to them .:eek:

Jake says "Hey mom, this is a topic you could write volumes on!!" and says to Jaspar "Right on dude!!!"

We actually got stopped in the park by a lady who said "what an extremely large penis your dog has" then she proceeded to show me her dogs bits which were tiny. Thats my boy.

Oh Lordy....you've got me in tears with that one!!

After being brushed and combed (which is almost daily) Jake likes to "make himself happy". That's fine when no one else is home....but he often starts after guests come in (guess he's just excited to see them). I just him a little nudge and tell him we aren't interested in a floor show right now ;)

Have to say this thred made me laugh!

When I got my first dog (for my 13th birthday) he was out in the garden, was prob about 6 months old & I saw his 'pinkie' - well I shot into the house yelling for my mum to call the vet as I was convinced that want right at all! Bearing in mind my dog then was a Golden Retriever his pinkie was huge!!! - After I was given a lesson on anatomy we saw Titan's Pinkie quite often in the 15 years we were lucky enough to be owned by him!

Ive been owned now by 6 male dogs & Titan was the worst with his pinkie, I hardly ever saw the others at all!

I don't really have much to add, except I'm loving this thread and particularly Karlin's turn of phrase. :):):)

Back