Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weed on my curtains TWICE!

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weed on my curtains TWICE!

Is there anything better than Simple Solutions?

Last Sunday we went to Surry to see Ash play in his band. My friend's car was making funny noises and we had to call the RAC out to tow us all the way home. We got back at 6:30am.

In the morning I noticed Dylan had weed all over the curtains in the lounge. Fair enough, we didn't plan to leave him that long. A few years ago, a friends dog did this in the same place, so maybe some residual smells even though I treated the area that time.

I sprayed them with Simple Solutions and washed them in biological liquid. They were waiting in the study to be ironed and I just went in there and he's done it again to the curtains hanging over a chair. I know they say you mustn't tell them off after the event, only if you catch them in the act, but I did "have a word" with him!

Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Peed in my wet room in the shower 4 times,ha,beat that.On a serious note,i dont know what to do,other than keep an eye on them.Archs done pees on the rug twicw since we had Duds.Competion,no doubt.I keep them with me in the kitchen all day and outside.Until night time,then we are all at home to watch them,esp.Duds,hate thing going on with the bathroom sponges,he took the pink one yesterday,up to the top field,ran a around well proud of himself,the spounge is all deformed now,but still i can use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to go out tomorrow night too, my sister is playing Clarinet with an orchestra, she has the solo and I've never seen her play. I will only be out for 4 hours but I will put the new belly band on Dylan.

Dare I hang the curtains again, it's a lot of work.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Strangely enough Jasper has just peed twice on my kitchen floor while I have been out for about 2 1/2 hrs, don`t know what the answer is, Jasper has always been a bit of a problem on and off. I put it down to separation anxiety, do you spend a lot of time with Dylan, I do with Jasper, I work part time, but am at home a lot, and it`s when I am not at home he does this, never really seen him cock his leg up, what a nuisance with the curtains, at least I can wash the kitchen floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by *Pauline* View Post
    I have to go out tomorrow night too, my sister is playing Clarinet with an orchestra, she has the solo and I've never seen her play. I will only be out for 4 hours but I will put the new belly band on Dylan.

Dare I hang the curtains again, it's a lot of work.
    They soon get the idea it is okay to urinate on something, you need to break the habit either by catching him in the act or leaving the curtains unhung for a while.

If you do hang them, protect the bottom of the curtains by putting them into large bags, or loop the curtains up so they are out of range, while you are too busy to watch him.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan was easy to house train, more or less all done by 4 weeks, so no problems there. He may have been distressed, though he doesn't suffer with anxiety, he was on his own for a very long time, I'm sure he couldn't help it. Now he will be tempted by the smell though, that's what I'm worried about.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    They soon get the idea it is okay to urinate on something, you need to break the habit either by catching him in the act or leaving the curtains unhung for a while.

If you do hang them, protect the bottom of the curtains by putting them into large bags, or loop the curtains up so they are out of range, while you are too busy to watch him.
    That's a very good idea, thanks. I'll either leave them down or put the bottoms in bags. I've got the belly bands all ready for my holiday
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pauline,

I once caught Leo cocking his leg up the side of my sofa

I really snapped at him...poor little fellow was very shocked but it did the trick.....he's never done it again, so I guess catching Dylan doing the dirty deed is the key

Mel

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. Well Im glad its not only me then!. Suddenly Lucy the 7 month old seems to have forgotten all the toilet training she was so good at. Ah well back to square one we go

Post Thanks / Like

In his defense, it was my fault as I left him too long. He is house trained, just can't resist the smell of the curtains now.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'