• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Doors, please post the size you have! :)

Feebee

Hi im looking at gettting a dog door, so Max can let himself in and out during the day, esp when he is left here 2 days a week (ill have area blocked off so he can still come in and out of dog door but doesn't have run of house - i wouldnt trust him not to chew the place up!)

but im so confused about the sizes of doors! and alot of the dog doors i see here in nz are all for wood doors (which doesn't work as i only have glass!) so do you have yours in glass or not?

please can you post the size of the flap, and the surrounding edges, and if you have in glass?

thanks! :paw:

Glass dog door

Hello Feebee,

I do have a dog door in my glass laundry door. It's made by http://www.petdoorcompany.com.au and looks like this:
C_flap02.jpg

(from the company's advertising). I have to say, it was the best thing we ever did as Rosie can come and go whenever she wants, into our secure backyard. The only downside was that the door to which I had the dog door added, was 'security' grade glass and to add the door, I had to replace the entire glass panel :eek:, so it ended up much more expensive than I had intended.

The entire unit is 40cm x 40cm but the flap itself is 28cm wide and 25cm high. I think it's meant to accommodate a dog up to about beagle size (as you can see) and is certainly big enough for a cavalier. Good luck!

cool thanks! :) yeh the glass is the biggest issue, i think ill have to replace with tempered 'security' glass but i have found one that says it can be put into pvc, so thinking i could get some professional to take out glass, we store it, put pvc in hole with dog door, then when we move (we rent) put back the glass.. plus my brother is a builder and he might know someone who can do this for us :)

We have ours in the wall next to the door and it goes out onto the deck. Probably about the size of that one shown. If you want me o measure it, let me know. Doggie doors are a life saver.

Back