• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Weight at 6 months..

Erin2854

My little girl is really petite, she will be 6 months old next week and is 6lbs 4oz. How much did you cav weigh at this age? Any guesses on her adult weight? Thanks!

Adult weight ?

My experience would suggest that your bitch is on the small side. Does she eat well and what are you feeding please ?

The breed standard is 12-18 lbs and my smallest bitch is approx 15 lbs.

Was your puppy the smallest of the litter and how are the brothers and sisters doing ?

Has your puppy a very small sized head ?

I aim to get my puppies to 6lbs in weight by 6 weeks but they always pass the 5 lbs milestone.

Regards, Mark.

Last edited:
weight

She eats really well, she is on Wellness Super5 mix. She was the smallest of her litter, I posted her weight charted below. The vet says she's perfect and very well put together and seems to be the right size for her build. He is thinking she might be around 10lbs. A far as her head size, I dunno, lol, its the perfect size for her body.
pollybathroom.jpg

Weight Date

BORN 03/30/2009

2lb 5-25-09
2lb 9oz 6-2-09
3lb 3oz 6-12-09
3lb 9oz 6-23-09
3lb 13oz 6-29-09
4lb 2oz 7-6-09
4lbs 9oz 7-13-09
4lbs 14oz 7-20-09
5lbs 1oz 7-27-09
6lbs 2oz 8-25-09
6lbs 4oz 9-1-09

Puppy weights.

Being the smallest they sometimes progress slowly but do get there in the end.
She looks a little darling and if the VET is not concerned - dont worry further and enjoy her to the full.

Pups tend to double their birth weight in 7 days and double that again and again for 4 weeks then level out a bit.

Did your girl weigh 4 ounces at birth ?

So if one pup is 4oz at birth, I would expect that pup to be approx 2 lbs after a month.

But if a litter mate was say 6 oz at birth, that one ought to make 3 lbs.

Meaning one is already a third heavier. But if the 4 oz pup exceeds 2 lbs it has infact, done slightly better than the initially heavier sibling.

Please dont take my views as 100% correct. They are what my charts show me but are based on my litters and no one elses.

Good luck, Mark.

Riley is my smallest and I don't know how much she weighed at 6 months, but she only weighed 11 pounds at 11 months. She is 7 years old now and tops the scales at just over 12 pounds. You're little girl is just adorable.

She looks adorable, and really pretty. If she is happy and healthy then just enjoy her - remember the best things come in small packages.;) But it might be that she continues to grow when other pups have stopped.

Your pup is adorable and reminds me of our 1 year old. Abigail was 4 pounds at 10 weeks and after being declared healthy by our vet she has grown to about 12 1/2 to 13 pounds at a year. There were only 2 in her litter and both were small.

Since her breeding stock has been healthy ; I'm enjoying her smaller size.

Heather R

She's sooo cute!:)
Jelly Tots at very nearly 6months is 11.5lbs,she is taller than my girl Ruby already,who's 14lbs at 5 y.o(approx)-not wanting to hijack your post but anybody know how much bigger she may get? She's all legs & skinny btw:)

Tupup; Our vet said to get an approximate full growth weight, double your pups weight at 4 months.

Heather R

Back