Thread: Many Tears

Post Thanks / Like

Default Many Tears

Two more Tiny girls...

Liberty (blenheim) and Lilac (Tri) are 13 month old cavs. They are very tiny, in fact the breeder feels too small to go into her breeding program so she asked us to find them good homes. They are litter sisters but we are quite prepared to split them as long a they go to a home with an existing small dog (another cav would be great). They are not house trained having never been in one, nor lead trained, but they incredibly sweet.
    To apply please fill in an adoption form at http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsres...optionForm.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Aw they are so sweet and so tiny!! I hope they find a forever home soon
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

oh, i would adopt Lilac straight away. am in fact looking for a tri. i had my mind on a puppy, say next spring, but would love to give this little doll a chance in life.

but the rescue center will probably not let their dogs be adopted abroad....

anyway, i sent them an email. they can always trun be down......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was thinking of applying as when I last applied for Tinks they said that they would definatly allow me to have a pup (just not one with needs like Tinks) however I am worried that they are so small and that they would be at risk from CM or SM and having one SM dog already im not sure I have the strength for another.

They are just so tiny, until I read their age I thought they were around 16 weeks not 13 months.
    I hope they find a great home- and their mum is also up for adoption - also a tiny little thing but beautiful none the less.
    Heres fingers crossed!!

Post Thanks / Like

Baby Buttons would have been 13 months old by now, according to what the puppy farmer told Many Tears when they handed him over.

I swear these girls are his sisters and the tri is his mum . I miss Buttons so much.
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh Fran

So hard for you to see these...

They really are TINY for that age - if anyone is thinking of adopting them I would recommend that they arrrange for them to be thoroughly checked over by their own vet before commiting to anything...to save heartbreak.

I know it's very hard - and these wee darlings need loving homes, but you would need to go into this prepared to deal with whatever problems may arise.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    oh Fran

So hard for you to see these...

They really are TINY for that age - if anyone is thinking of adopting them I would recommend that they arrrange for them to be thoroughly checked over by their own vet before commiting to anything...to save heartbreak.

I know it's very hard - and these wee darlings need loving homes, but you would need to go into this prepared to deal with whatever problems may arise.
    Sadly, I think you're right, Nicki . The blenheim girlie is just tugging at my heart-strings, but there's no way I would take a risk like that now; not after losing tiny Buttons.
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987

Post Thanks / Like

i have seen these two beautiful girls, just noticing the comments posted, can i ask why? sorry to sound thick, its just my poppy is a very small Cav our vet says she is the size of a 4 month old pup - she is 13 months now & was thoroughly checked by the vets and we were never advised of any possible problems or ill health?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like someone, somewhere has been trying to breed "pocket" (ie abnormally small) cavs. Tiny dogs of any breed, like these ones, should not be bred from.

I know many of these abnormally small "pocket" dogs do not have long lives, often because there are existing hereditary defects/problems.

The vet bills could be huge for some unwary but good hearted soul, and insurance may not be possible if a vet says they are abnormally small for the breed. Sudden death is also more frequent in dwarf animals therefore checks as to the good health or otherwise of these dogs prior to adopting them is just plain good sense.

Caveat Emptor! "Let the buyer beware" don't let the heart rule the purse. Though the heartbreak, as Misty proves, could far outweigh any expenses incurred.
    Briar, Jack, Berry and coeliac cocker Bracken foster cockers Rowan and puppy Simba

"Spaniels In Need"
    (a 'not for profit' rescue organisation)