• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

1st aid kit

tupup

Hi,
I'm just wondering what you all keep as regular items in your Cavalier 1st aid kit? I keep a box with Rubys meds,drontal,frontline,upset tummy things etc. As Ruby got stung on her paw yesterday & little Jelly got stung on her paw this morning & Brian said he has antihistamins in his kit,it got me wondering what everyone else keeps in for emergencies & non emergencies & what you would consider essentials?

Great thread! (y) I've been wanting to put together a little kit for a while so it'll be good to see what will be suggested.
I dabbed a wasp sting with vinegar before and it seemed to work well, so I always have a bottle on standby just in case.

Hi,

Since Leo ate a wasp year before last:eek: I keep liquid piriton in the house. The vet suggested it. It took the facial swelling down very quickly. Then there's the usual tweezers for ticks and gauze to apply cream for bites and stings also.

Be interesting to know any other good ideas.

Mel

since sienna was attacked by an other dog i always have Dr Bach's Rescue Remedy in my first aid kit.

I keep much the same as you topup...but was actually wondering what else I should have so will be watching for replies.

I bought my first aid kit but added things like antihistamine to it and a few other bits and bobs, I kee one in the house and one in the Car.

Interesting thread. What concerns me is how much Piriton would you give? I must keep a bottle handy but I wouldn't want to cause harm by overdosing them.

I keep an unopened bottle of hydrogen peroxide in my 1st kit in the car and another bottle in my medicine cabinet in the house. Just a little bit will induce vomitting, although you do have to be careful you aren't inducing vomitting on something that will cause damage coming back up. There was a story a while back about a Cavalier given peroxide after eating sugar free gum (xylitol is extremely toxic!!) and I honestly think it saved that dog's life.

Back