Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pippin is sick

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all

Pippin seen the vet as soon as he opened clinic this morning and it is a bad bout of colitis caused by an infection that is apparently doing the rounds at the moment

He is to stay on a bland diet for the next few days and is also on antibiotics...he had an injection today to kick start the healing process. He is quite tired now and I'd say hungery too by now but I can't give him anything until later tonight.

I just hope gus and DJ don't get it.

Poor Pippin he is my littlest cavalier and he is going through the mill at the moment, just two weeks ago he was diagnosed with epilepsy after a few seizures.

He had a small one in the vets today because he can't hold in the meds, but thankfully as he is not vomiting he is not dehydrated and is able to be home here with me.

I have of course to keep a close eye on him and get him back straight away if he gets any worse....fingers crossed he won't. He still has a bit of diarrhea but no more blood.

I have to watch him like a hawk when he goes out to potty as afterwards he starts heading for grass!

He will be under my nose all weekend..my poor little pip
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Pippin, poor you. I hope he improves quickly im glad to hear the bleeding has stopped,its very scary isnt it. I hope you get a good nights rest tonight
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad that Pippin is doing better and I also hope your other dogs don't get the same bug.

Get some rest and let us know how Pippin is doing.

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like

Glad Pippin is doing a bit better.
    Thank god he didnít have to stay at the vets and you were able to take him home. Nothing worse when you have to leave them. for a speedy recovery.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Pippin. Hope he makes a speedy recovery. Thinking of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on pippin

Hi everyone Pippin is a lot better today.

He started to perk up yesterday afternoon when he dropped his toy at my feet

Thankyou all for your support and kind wishes when I was so worried.

You are all really nice people
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Ah bless the poor little fella, he's such a cutie, I hope he feels better soon, sending him gentle hugs xx
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge