• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Duke

Louise1823

I can hardly believe that Im posting this, but one of my Mums mini daschunds, Duke, was given his wings today. He has been ill for the last 3 weeks with a spinal problem and unfortunately there was no more that the vets could do for him so we had to make the dreadful decision to say goodbye today.

Mum is heartbroken, but it was the kindest thing she could have done for the poor little guy. He will be sorely missed by us all, especially his best pal Ben.

Sleep sweetly little Duke xxxxx

CameraPictures053.jpg

This picture was taken only a day or two before he got sick, his last visit at our house. Duke is 4th on the right with Ben beside him.
100_1545.jpg

So very sorry to hear about Duke - he was a gorgeous boy and obviously very much loved.

Please tell your Mother we are all thinking of her. In time she will be able to look back and remember the happy days.

So sorry to read about Duke :( it is a very hard decision to make but in time, your Mum will be thankful that she had the strength and courage to give Duke his wings and release him from pain. Thinking of you all at this very sad time :hug::hug:

Myself and Rex had the pleasure of meeting Duke - an absolutely gorgeous doggie who everyone will miss a lot.

:hug::hug::hug::hug: to you, your Mam, and specially Ben xxx

Myself and Rex had the pleasure of meeting Duke - an absolutely gorgeous doggie who everyone will miss a lot.
Duke was a really special dog who had the kindest temperment with everyone he met (except cats who he just loved to hate and chase off the garden walls! :)) Its still so hard to believe that he's gone. We really will miss the little fella something terrible :(

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages, Mam is bringing Ben up to us later so that he can have some doggy company and we'll bring them all out for a stroll together. Ill pass all your kind messages on to her then and I know she'll be really greatful.

Louise, so sorry to hear Duke got his wings ..... Hope being with the Cav's made Ben feel a bit better
:hug: to you, your mam & Ben

So sorry to hear about Duke May he rest in peace my heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my Copper 3 weeks ago having to make that same heartwrenching decision He is not in pain now my thoughts are with you Tammy

Poor Duke, please god he is in a better place now. Its sad for everyone left behind because he will be missed. He was a gorgeous dog.

Oh, I am so sorry I missed this post -- I really enjoyed the pictures you'd posted of the dachshunds and he's such a lovely looking dog. How sad to lose him so early. :(

Back