Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confused!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh my goodness- what a rollercoaster of emotions you muct be going through.
    I do know that Claire would analyse your scan results for you and I do beleive there is a charge although im not sure how much
    It certainly wont be the price of a re scan though!! It may be that you have to book a consultation with her which is just over 120

I cant imagine being told that my dog is fine just to find out the next day that they are wrong. id be so angry!!
    Good luck with your path from here- its all alot to cope with at first and I must say even a few months on I still get very upset even now!!

Karen, Ruby and Charlie!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh you poor thing. What a roller coaster. You are entitled to that cd. I got one of Abbey and like Bev said she has one too. I think most would give them. I'm so sorry you are going through this.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

finally managed to get a copy of Heidi's MRI scan on CD and it was sent of to chestergates to be looked at.They have today advised that Heidi does not have SM. So 3 long weeks after the scan we finally have an answer which is good news!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

What a horrible time you have had but superb news at the end ,who did your first scan.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry I haven't read of your problems with Heidi before Gem. Sadly I don't often have much time to pop in here! I am sad to see that such a mistake has been made at Chestergates as my own experience has been totally different.

I took two Cavaliers up to Chestergates on one of Mark Marshall's runs to Chestergates resulting in one of my dogs having asymptomatic SM and the other only a slight herniation. My lovely boy is still without symptoms, but I now know to watch him carefully because of what is shown on the scan pictures which I have. I was also able to advise my vet of the results and show him the scans, so that anything arising in the future can be dealt with appropriate to his results.

The staff at Chestergates were absolutely wonderful throughout the day we were there, with our dogs treated with care and respect throughout. They even cardio checked both dogs for MVD for only 10 extra and to my delight both were clear.

The only slight criticism I had was having to wait 3 long weeks for the scan results, due to Geoff Skerritt being on holiday and therefore not available to check out the scans and authenticate and sign the certificates.

I was so pleased that I am taking my Blenheim boy up there on Mark's next trip in December.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

That's very good news Gem,I'm pleased to hear that all is well.
    Flo,I plan on being there in December and it'll be nice to put faces to the names.I'll be the green person,not necessarily beause I'm Irish and patriotic, but because I'm the worst sailor in the world and will be green from the crossing. It'll be nice to meet you and one of your gang.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    finally managed to get a copy of Heidi's MRI scan on CD and it was sent of to chestergates to be looked at.They have today advised that Heidi does not have SM.

Wonderful news
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry -just wanted to clear one thing up - the mistake was NOT made by Chestergates. I contacted them directly for a second opinion and they were brilliant
    We have also booked to take our other girl Chloe on the low cost MRI scan in December with Mark