Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Rubys eyes & tummy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Rubys eyes & tummy

Hi, i thought it was time i updated on Rubes after we had so many lovely good wishes for her recently
    Eyes 1st,we went to our 6 weekly eye consultant today(6 hour round trip)her eyes were really bad last time-she has dry eye for those who didnt see old posts. They have been looking so much better since we started her new ointment & today she had the paper test results of 10 & 7 !! Isnt that great! there is no inflammation of her eyes either so we're to continue as we are & not go back for 3months YAY! We've been doing 6 weekly since Jan of course thats not a problem but it feels like progress to move to 3 months

Tummy-well since her last "do" & being at the vets on a drip her tummy really wasnt good,i phoned the vet a few times.She wouldnt eat the food they sent her home with so moved her onto chicken & rice which she did eat,however i was still giving her pro.Kolin daily,one day she vomited.I was worried sick about her & didnt leave her for a minute for 3weeks(again not a problem well ok apart from having no milk for a cuppa for a week)Anyway last week i made the decision to return to our old vets, im so glad i did as he seems to have fixed her tummy! So far no problems since thurs of last week.We talked about putting her on some meds permanently but the problem with those is they can cause dry eye!! Having been today i know our vet has spoken to the eye man so i shall ring the vet to find out the verdict.We've also gradually moved her back to her normal food,she's eating great.

So for today at least Rubes is bright eye'd & well fed........long may it last! I wanted to share our good news as you all support her & I on our bad days
    For everyone having worrying & bad days with their poorly little 'uns i will pray you have better days very soon
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi tupup

What great news for you and Rubes and its all thanks to the love ,care and devotion of a Cavalier Mum.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a relief when things run smoothly for a change. Glad you are on top of things now and Rubes feels better.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

So pleased to read the Rubys health is beginning to settle, it can be a real worry when they are poorly, hope she continues to go from strengh to strengh.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear Ruby is doing so much better. Hope she is going to get better day by day. Nothing worse when they are sick.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

So pleased for you that Ruby is well again, long may it last and thankyou for the update
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Good news and well done for being a good mummy

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear Ruby is doing much better
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So pleased that Ruby is doing so well.

You are a Great Mum

Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,
    Really pleased that things have improved so much for Rubes.
    You are a smashing Cav mummy!