Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: LILY DO i SPAY TOMORROW OR WAIT

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
    Posts
    1,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Best of luck tomorrow Brian, I'm sure Lily will be perfect
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hope all goes well tomorrow Brian. Let us know how Lily is doing when you get the chance.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    north yorkshire
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi Bri, GOOD LUCK for tomorrow. I hope little Lily sails thro' it & im sure she will but try not to worry (lol what a stupid thing to say,i know you'll be a frantic dad) We will be thinking of you both & waiting for your update,even if its only a quick one liner plse dont forget.
    Hope the day goes really quickly for you till you get her home for cuddles & super spoiling-give her an extra (gentle) hug & kiss from us
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cape Cod, Mass.
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Many healing thoughts to Lily! I know that you thought this through and I am sure all will go well with Lily's surgery and recovery

    Heather R

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Cant understand why you have rushed this op.....?

    Brian, this decision 'process' of yours is somewhat - all over the place.

    You have a bitch who is amongst other dogs with KC, yet you still feel the need to have her undergo an operation. This means that she will be taken to an environment where other dogs are and might contaminate them !

    I am quite shocked that your vet has even agreed to do the operation !

    You asked for the thoughts of others and then ignored good advice - why ?

    Sorry but the operation should not be going ahead until it is 100% certain that KC is no longer a threat to your dogs or others that they come into contact with.

    Did you know that KC can be passed on via contact with contaminated clothing ?

    My fingers are crossed that all goes well for your bitch Lily.

    Mark.

    PS. Have you given it thought that Lily might bring home some other 'problem' picked up at the Vets and pass it on to your other dogs that are already weak from KC and on medication ?
    Last edited by MARK MARSHALL; 24th September 2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: PS added.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Broughty Ferry, Scotland
    Posts
    850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good luck for tomorrow

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prenton Cheshire
    Posts
    4,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Mark

    My decision process is not all over the place as you say ,and I am a bit taken a back by your attitude ,rather than a post of support you post an aggressive reply unlike other members who wish Lily well
    I sought advice and guidance from the many good and educated people here on Ct ,I sought guidance from Lilys breeder ,I sought guidance from my main Vet practice Birch Vets and the main Vet and proprietor there who treated Poppy and Daisy for their Kennel Cough ,I then also approached the other Vet practice they are all registered with these being Cranmore Vets and I asked them for their comments for the same questions I put to Birch Vets, this second practice is also part of the group who own Chestergates where I believe you also attend on a regular basis for scanning and advice .So two lots of Vet practices and her breeder said that provided Lily had no sign of any infection then there is no reason to cancel and to go ahead ,so taking all the kind comments from C T members whose comments and knowledge I value highly and also the advice from the two different vet practices into account I then decided early afternoon yesterday to proceed and get it over and done for Lilys sake and my worry ,I dearly love my pets as a pure Pet Owner and do not look at them as a money machines on four legs as I believe some breeders do, so my decision was careful ,thoughtful and done with a great amount of due responsibilty and love for my girls and after a lot of advice from different quarters .As of now neither Rosie nor Lily have or have had any sign of K C and Pops and Daisy are now showing some sign of improvement. I am also neither a medical doctor or vet nor an owner of kennels and neither am I a breeder of Cavaliers I am only just a pet owner who relies on forums like Ct and my vets to guide me, and with regard to your comment about Lily picking things up and taking them back home surely that also applies to myself but I am afraid I have to go out to work to pay for my girls and their comforts. So I do feel that after my decision was made and posted on CT a comment more of support and not one of criticism might have been more appropriate.
    Brian M

    Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prenton Cheshire
    Posts
    4,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Smile

    Hi

    Conclusion.
    I shall refer to my Cavaliers as my girls or by name I know they are bitches but without appearing to be pedantic they have a heart a soul and an individual character so they to me they are either my girls or are individuals named Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Lily .
    I took Lily in at 8.00 AM and with it being too early for Mr Marsden to have arrived I had discussion with the vet nurse ,I asked her to confirm it was Mr Marsden operating and that they would fix her little hernia and insert the microchip and also to ensure with Mr Marsden (who is part owner with Mr Shepherd ) that he knew all the circumstances regarding Pops and Daisy and their Kennel Cough situation and that he was happy to proceed with the operation, then I left poor Lily to go to work.

    At 9.00 am Dawn phoned me and said Mr Marsden had been on the phone to her and he was happy Little Lily was in full health but after due consideration of the operating procedure and the tube going down her throat he would be happier to operate when the curse of K.C. had fully passed over , so his decision was different to the other Vets but as he was the Vet operating his opinion was the one most important and the one I shall of course follow. So off I shot picked her up took her home and gave her a hearty breakfast .
    So may I extend my thanks to all for the concern shown to us and all your most wellcome messages of support ,but we shall continue at a date to be arranged.
    Brian M

    Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    2,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Brian,
    To me it sounded like Mark was afraid for your girl. I don't know Mark and he doesn't know me-- but what I read was fear for your girl.
    Of course if she isn't coughing now, she should get through the surgery fine. I would be worried about POST surgery. Surgery could lower her resistance to the virus etc...
    I won't even go into the 'pure pet owner' and 'money machines on four legs'.
    I will be thinking positive thoughts for you and your girls.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    1,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh Brian, I'm sorry you had such an ordeal. You did all the research you could, made an informed decision, and then had that decision taken away. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable that Mr. Marsden has the best interest of Lily at heart and is really looking out for her welfare. Although you'll have to go through the anxiety of scheduling this again when everyone is healthy, it really is not that bad of a surgery. Neither of my girls needed pain meds when they came home and they didn't bother their incisions. Riley was like Lily - in between her first and second heat. Good luck fr next time, and I 'm sure Lily is no worse for having spent a few hours at the vet. People probably fawned all over her!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •