• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A voice in the throat

Ida

I'm still too new cavalier owner,
and wondering the voice in Ida's throat always happens like the noise of snoring. it's always happen when she's exited or play with people. and she always make the voice when she's sleeping as well, like she's dreaming. is these are common Cavalier habit or something about physically?

sorry if my question is complicated coz english isn't my first born language :)

how she's going after 1 week? ohhhh she's still naughty , bite everywhere and never leave us alone which is good :) will post some photo soons, and yeah we gonna take her to puppy preschool on next week. it should be alright, she might be slow down :p

That "snoring" sounds when she is excited is probably a "reverse sneeze" - both of mine do this when they get excited, and they sound like little pigs! It's totally normal. If mine do it for more than a few seconds I gently tilt their nose down, towards their chest, and it helps to stop that sound ;) Mine also snore very loud, but don't reverse sneeze in their sleep. Are you sure they're just not snoring when they sleep?

yeah i think it was sneeze and snore, i'm too worry about my baby.

sometime she's like sleepwalk, like she's still trying to bark or play while she's sleeping coz she's shaking sometimes. she's 9 weeks old until now.

and Thank you very much for knowledges. I'm still young as the pup :)

I too think this is reverse-sneezing. 2 of mine do it. I usually stroke/rub their throat area until the noise ceases :)

Welcome and congratulations on your new puppy. Puppies are a lot of work, but so much fun. All of my dogs move around a lot in their sleep. Their eyes move, sometimes they sleep with their eyes open, their legs move, their bodies can shake, and they make a lot of sounds - just like you said, like they're trying to bark or talk. I think maybe they are dreaming of chasing something or playing with each other. It's all really normal behavior. They also snore a lot. Sounds like Ida is just a normal feisty little puppy.

I always wonder what they are dreaming about when they are moving and making little noises while asleep! :)

Back