Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Innova vs. Wellness

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, CONGRATS!!!! It will take some trial and error to find the "perfect" food for Bella.

I fed Ollie Orijen Puppy formula from 12 weeks on and I regret it. There is SOME indication that feeding a pup a food too high in protein will make them grow too quickly. Now, it may be all genetics but he is long and leggy now at 2 YO and had some gastro problems during the first year. I now have him on Fromm Surf & Turf, a lower protein food, and my others are still on Orijen. He does much better with a lower protein food.

I would suggest the regular Wellness or Innova lines----not EVO or CORE---for a puppy. Once she's full grown, or at least a year old, I would switch to a grain free high protein food. Just my opinion! I've tried Wellness (most varieties) and Innova. My dogs would not touch EVO. Either of those brands are good---you'd be safe with either one.

Bottom line; EVERYONE will have a different opinion!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly enough my pup is named Bella as well =D
    Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Dedicated Blog:
    http://www.Cavaliertales.com/
    Check it out! =)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chloe92us View Post
    .... it may be all genetics but he is long and leggy now at 2 YO ....
    Has he been neutered? At 10 mos. of age right now, our Sophie is leggy and fed raw, Wellness CORE and Orijen. But, I have read on the internet dog groups that spaying as a puppy can make them leggy. She was spayed at 6 mos.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he was neutered @ 6 months.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson